Mst in Practical/Applied Ethics - Recommendations?

Hi everyone, I’m looking for advice on where to do a Mst in Practical/Applied Ethics or Philosophy that is not just purely theoretical in general. I’ve read through some posts on reddit already and have looked at the courses at Oxford and Erasmus Rotterdam but wanted to ask if anyone has some specific advice on programs to do with AI Ethics.

For some background information:

1. My current undergrad thesis is on “ASI as Philosopher Kings” which advocates for cyberocracy on the grounds that Artificial Superintelligence will be better versed (and situationally skilled) in implementing the good life. I draw inspiration from (a) the free will debate, specifically how determinism, in conjunction with Akrasia and cognitive biases, cause us to aim for the wrong things; (b) Plato’s Republic and how the fallibility of the human condition doesn’t detract from the consequences of elitism; and (c) AI ethics, particularly how base “original sin” coding could lead to perverse instantiation and the effects of the Technological Singularity on omniscience/omnipotence within cyberocracies.
  2. I’m currently studying at Tsinghua University in China and my GPA is hovering around a (3.4)/4. Other than some practical/applied form of ethics (with the exception of medical/bio/business), I’m also interested in political philosophy, egoism, and existentialism. I can’t do logic to save my life, however, and analytical philosophy isn’t really for me either.

I know that perhaps one of the best ways to search for programs is either by looking for departments or specific faculty members from works that have inspired me, but so far I’ve not found much luck. My only requirements for the master’s are that the department/faculty/program aligns with my interests and is preferably taught in English. Any tips would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Dracollavenore

What is “mst”?

2 Likes

Mst is short for a Masters Degree

Thank you….I’ve never seen it abbreviated that way before. I have a masters…

1 Like