LIU Post
University of Buffalo
Film and Theatre
LIU Brooklyn
Pace
Waitlisted: NYU Tisch and Marymount

2 Likes

from TX

Hello there! Congratulations to your daughter! She is going to have a very difficult (but wonderful) decision to make! I’ve updated the acceptance list for you here:MT Acceptances By School For The Class of 2025.

I wasn’t sure which school Film and Theatre was associated with. So you can tag me or try to update over there. Again congrats!:performing_arts:

1 Like

I could not edit document:
My S accepted to:University of Tampa BFA Musical theater/BA Dance
University of Hartford(Hartt) BFA Musical theater
Ohio university -BFA musical theater
Western Connecticut University- BFA Musical theater
Florida State University- waitlisted Musical theater
Otterbein- Waitlisted BFA Acting
Indiana University- Waitlisted BFA Musical Theater

Point Park BFA Dance Jazz concentration
Montclair State BFA Dance
Shenandoah university- BFA DANCE
FLORIDA STATE University- BFA dance
Rowan - BA dance
Elon-BFA dance
Pace.- BFA Commercial dance
University of Hartford- BFA dance
Ball State- BFA dance

1 Like

Hello! You can add the schools to this list: MT Acceptances By School For The Class of 2025 If you have any issues, tag me and I will get them updated in the morning.

Congrats on all of the wonderful options for your son!:blue_heart::performing_arts::blue_heart:

1 Like

Hello everyone! Writing to you from the future, January 2022, LOL!!

DD just auditioned at BOCO and fell in love!

Anyone know what the odds are for acceptance once they are at the audition stage? I know they take as many as 80 in a class but don’t know how many pass the prescreen.

Any insight much appreciated!!!

1 Like

Congrats on the BoCo audition - so exciting! I don’t have inside scoop on the audition process, especially in the virtual era. They’re probably auditioning 1500-2000 on the short list. Our year they took 53 in the BFA MT program and 37 were “assigned female bodies at birth.” So it’s still the same long odds (5-8% chance, factoring in duplication/students applying to multiple schools/only able to accept one?) of any of the top programs, but you’re in there! Unless you applied ED, acceptances are not released until very close to 4/1, so settle in for the ride. Best of luck with all the auditions. Feel free to DM me if you have other questions.

1 Like

they really audition that many? It seems like that would be the number of applications, but maybe I’m just being hopeful.

The numbers I have heard for BoCo: they audition 600-800 (after prescreens) and accept 100-120 for a class of about 60. Sometimes the yield is higher, like it was for MT25’s. While they have a larger class size than a lot of MT programs, each class is split into “cores” of 12-14 students, who do the bulk of their classes together. It’s very close knit, even though the classes are larger. One of my MT dd’s graduated from BoCo, so feel free to reach out with questions!

3 Likes

thank you so much!!