MT Summer Programs That Take People Last Minute?

I’m a rising senior hoping to audtion for MT programs in the fall, and my summer plans have gone a bit awry, so I’m wondering if anyone knows of any summer MT programs in late july-august that take last minute applicants? Or if not, any other things I can do with the rest of my summer that will benefit me in the audition process in the fall, besides the normal taking voice lessons/working on prescreens stuff. Thanks!

1 Like

Not sure of any programs. But other things you can do include:

-Volunteering at a local community theater or summer stock theater in your area. Would be a valuable experience, even if in a supporting capacity (crew, front of the house etc.)
-Auditioning for anything and everything you can. Not because you are likely to get a part, but for the experience of auditioning.
-Seeing lots of plays and other productions for fun and inspiration.
-Take any relevant lessons you can. This includes lessons in adjacent areas: public speaking, improv, any kind of dance, tumbling/gymnastics, juggling, etc
-Get a job that involves interaction with the public. Interacting with the public can build your acting skills. Waiting tables is the traditional day job of actors, so might as well start now!

Best of luck!

2 Likes

deleted