Muhlenberg Class of 2027 Official Thread

Admitted, but no mention of merit or honors program. Have high stats- 4.2 gpa and very strong ec’s. Congrats to all!

If you go to Financial Aid Online Portal | Muhlenberg College and make an account, you can view your offers

merit offers or financial aid?

both

merit letter just posted to portal

1 Like

Where did the merit get posted?

DD got almost identical amount as at other schools.
Presidential -27K
Shankweiler -5k
Two other grants - 8.6k
FWS-2k

1 Like

Was this under financial aid or another place? Congrats on all your scholarships!

Never mind- my daughter just got the presidential scholarship.

Henry Melchior- 40k
Shankweiler- 5k

Does anyone know how the shankweiler academic partnership for medical schools works? The website is kind of vague

Got the fin aid letter that indicates the RJ Fellows scholarship, so I guess she’s in the honors program. Also received Presidential Scholarship, Talent Scholarship, and a couple grants (all totalling 45K). Then loans and work study. Congrats and good luck to everyone!

$45k is good… Committing?

My daughter got the Presidential Merit (25K), Dana Scholars (5K), and Community Grant (2K).

Her stats (for future readers) are 1470 SAT, 97.5 GPA weighted, lots of ECs.

1 Like

Did it match your EFC? In our case all schools providing almost identical amount of money. So I have feeling that they just go by FAFSA…

People, pay attention to name of grants. Muhlenberg has Muhlenberg College Community grant (merit and guaranteed) and Muhlenberg College grant - that one is not guaranteed according to their website and can disappear in following years. In our case more than 6k are in that grant (and tuition will go up), so we are out.

1 Like

not sure… received a full ride fellowship at another school and waiting on a few other decisions at the end of the month

1 Like

We are in the same boat, so it is easy for us to say no :slight_smile: DD has a lot of choices. At least your child’s merit is guaranteed all 4 years.

My daughter received the Presidential scholarship, and it said it was for next year. She wrote an email to the Financial Aid office to confirm it would be for the sophomore-senior years as well. For her other schools she was accepted to, it specifically stated that the merit awards would continue all 4 years (assuming she maintained a certain GPA).

I think Presidential should stay for all 4 years. Only Muhlenbergh College Grant is listed as financial aid.
Muhlenberg College Grant | Muhlenberg College.
Just read carefully with each school. Some schools adjust FA, and some do not (we have one school with projected cost listed all 4 years, so cost go up and Merit aid is fixed.)
I would recommend double checking how your financial package will change over years (and will it change or not) before committing to any school.

1 Like

Thank you, that is good to know. My D was accepted today (4.3 weighted gpa & 1390 SAT; dance/theatre/music/student government/community service ECs) She received $38k total of various grant aid with almost $6k of it being “Muhlenberg College Grant” No honors program, which was disappointing.

This is one of my D’s top choices but the FA is not quite enough for us, especially if some of it is only for the first year. We’ll keep them on the list for now as we wait to see what else comes in this month. We are also waiting to hear about Tuition Exchange for this school, but chances of that are slim.

1 Like

I feel that people need to be very careful in this economy with private colleges. If something is not guaranteed, college next year may come and say that they are sorry but they do not have any more money for need grants and at the same time go into your pocket with higher tuition, and you are trapped (may need to transfer and it maybe not that easy due to different courses and requirements), and they know it.