Muhlenberg College Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

This year, the Early Decision (ED) deadline for Muhlenberg College is November 15.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

GPA u/w: 3.9; 1390 SAT; Captain Varsity volleyball and lacrosse (3 years); Founder and president of a mentor/leadership club to promote youth sports in underserved communities; 3 honor societies; several academic awards and scholarships; coaches youth basketball and lacrosse. Applied ED1 to play lax. Hoping the pre-read for merit aid comes to fruition and is offered a spot in an honors program!

ED1 rolling admissions notifications start the 3rd week in November, which is this week! Post here if you’ve heard back. So far nothing for my DD.

My son just got a missed phone call! Can’t believe he missed it, hope they call back!

I see that some of my daughter’s classmates got their ED acceptances to Muhlenberg yesterday. Would love to know what kind of merit aid students are getting - if you don’t mind sharing. My daughter is applying regular decision this year.

1 Like

I have two Muhlenberg alumni. One who applied and was accepted ED with decent stats-ACT 32, GPA around 3.6 (it’s been a while,) and good ECs. She received $20,000 a year.
The second applied RD after being deferred from her ED school. She had a similar GPA with an SAT score of 1340. She had wonderful ECs including drama, Speech, and was an EMT volunteering on our local rescue squad. She got a grant of $22,000 a year plus a talent grant of $2500.
When the younger one was a freshman we had three in college and got great FA. My two oldest graduated that year and the FA went way, way down so her grants were much appreciated. Both had terrific experiences at the 'Berg.

1 Like

What did your students study at Muhlenberg? What made it a terrific experience for them? Thanks for any insight!

The first one double majored in English and Sociology. After graduation, she went to a state college (NJ) and got her paralegal certificate. She now works for a law firm. She loved Muhlenberg from the moment she walked onto the campus. She has a close group of friends from there. She was involved with the Outdoors club and choirs.
The one who just graduated majored in Communications and Women/Gender Studies. She is working in retail right now while planning her next moves. She also has a close group of friends from school. Her time at Muhlenberg was complicated by Covid, but she really thought the school handled it well with its outdoor firepits (and Smores) and other efforts to mitigate the effects of the virus.
They both found the faculty to be accessible, understanding, and friendly.

1 Like

My daughter studied neuroscience. What made the experience terrific for my daughter was all the leadership opportunities and also that she could be the big fish academically. She gained an amazing amount of confidence attending Muhlenberg that she previously didn’t have. She had attended a pressure cooker of a high school that diminished her self-esteem. The environment at Muhlenberg encouraged her to take risks that she wouldn’t have dreamed of taking in high school. Also, my daughter had an amazing social life at Muhlenberg and made lifelong friends who she remains in touch with four years after graduation. My daughter went into Muhlenberg with terrible social anxiety and confidence problems and graduated a confident, happy, well-adjusted young adult.

2 Likes