Muhlenberg College Theater program

I would love to understand positive and negative aspects of Muhlenberg’s increasing percentage of theater majors. My S wilI be double majoring in theater and in another field so wants a strong theater community with many opportunities to perform.

• Are theater classes hard to get into? (more students now than supply can serve)
  • competitiveness to get casted : How many students audition for main stage shows? Do freshmen get roles?
  • description of program: quality of performances , number/type of shows in season, other student clubs/ opportunities to perform
  • Will talent scholarship give him any “priority” in getting access to opportunities or casted in main stage shows

I have similar questions. My son is between two schools. The other is a bigger school with a smaller number of theater majors. I think he will have more opportunities to perform and work tech, as he wants to do both, but Muhlenberg has more course offerings.

I dont think the talent scholarship has an influence on casting but his talent would.