Musical theatre auditions

<p>Has anyone heard anything about acceptances to the MT department for this year? D auditioned in November and we thought they said she would hear by the end of February. Thanks!</p>

<p>I auditioned in January and I haven’t heard back either. I’ll post when I know!</p>

<p>I recieved a call from Raphael Crystal today around 4 pm letting me know of my acceptance.</p>

<p>Congrats!!!</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Aren’t you excited!!!</p>

<p>Haha yes I am! Thank you! Less anxiety now!</p>

<p>^^^^Congratulations on your acceptance to your choice program!</p>

<p>congrats musicaliowan! that’s fantastic news! D has not heard anything yet.</p>

<p>D had an email today when she got home. She did not get into the MT program. It’s actually a really good thing because she did not want to go to college so far away (even though it’s a great school) and this helps balance out the NMF Scholarship portion of the decision process. Good luck to everyone else!</p>

<p>Raphael is wonderful. The faculty is brilliant. All are very well respected in their field. I just wish I would have been accepted! I auditioned twice, to no avail. Have fun.</p>

<p>Ohksa…sorry to hear that your D didn’t get accepted. Best wishes for whatever she decides to do.</p>

<p>And…Dallas…sorry to hear that you weren’t accepted either. What will you be doing?</p>

<p>@mom2ck- after a lot of struggle and tough decisions, I decided to come to the capstone and double major in theatre and business. I plan on opening my own theatre company in the future. Performance and entertainment art are my passion, and you can ask any theatre major, if you discover theatre as your passion there is no going back! :slight_smile: I loved the department at UA, so even though I didn’t get in as a MT Major (which is a pre-professional track degree) I still decided to enter on a directing/acting track. Great program. I would even go out on a limb and say it is one of the top programs in the entire southeast.</p>

<p>Well, I’m glad to hear that you’re still coming to Bama.</p>

<p>Until this thread started, I had NO IDEA how hard it was to get into the MT program here. Do they only have admittance as frosh?</p>

<p>You can also audition as a current freshman. I know of several who didn’t get in before freshman year, and were accepted for their sophomore year. Most of the classes you take freshman year in the department, everyone one is required to take (Acting I, Intro to production etc) so you can still be on schedule with your degree as a sophomore! Roll Tide for UATD</p>

<p>So it’s a phone call for acceptances and an email for rejections?</p>