Musical Theatre Majors - College Admission 2024

Hi everyone,

I am a parent of high school senior who’s applying to musical theatre BFA or BM program depending on various schools. I would like to start this thread to keep in touch with all parents and students to share their stories and any helpful information with everyone.

If anyone wants to post about their decisions, audition call backs, and/or any other related questions, feel free to share here.

Thank you and good luck to all the applicants for 2024-2025 school years who are applying to Musical Theatre major.

8 Likes

We are in the thick of it as well! Done with submissions, now just waiting.

2 Likes

Our daughter is also a senior applying for BFAs in MT. Her applications nearly all in!

1 Like

@bfastudy what schools are you applying?

My daughter got auditions for Baldwin Wallace and Point Park so far. We are waiting on others where she has applied early action.

2 Likes

Has anyone heard from Emerson prescreens? My friend submitted yesterday and got a yes today, I submitted a week ago and haven’t heard anything :grimacing:

My kid also heard they passed Emerson prescreens today and had just submitted there within the last day or two. You never know - you may get good news still. Wishing you luck!

Has anyone gotten any other prescreen responses?

I haven’t gotten an email response to my Rider Prescreen uploaded materials, but a link for scheduling Musical Theatre Auditions popped up in my portal. Does this mean I passed?

I passed Fredonia, failed UNC Greensboro and Rider.

1 Like

Yes. Congratulations!

1 Like

So many schools … 26. Lots of reaches. Prescreen results are trickling in… overall so far there has been a lot of work (holy essays) but I feel like she’s learned so much through the application process.

1 Like

what prescreens have you heard from so far ?

My DD is applying for BFA acting- so far we have heard from following presscreens-

Coastal Carolina- No
Pace- yes for acting and film and television
UNCG- yes
Catholic- Yes

Acceptance to Five Towns after video submissions and interview

1 Like

Does anyone know when Syracuse prescreens come out? I applied to MT and Acting / Actor-Singer

Just received

1 Like

Good news I hope! When did you submit?

i got rejected for emerson’s prescreen. it stings but, guess it just wasn’t meant for me!!

Michigan passes are going out!

Hi there!
So far prescreen results received for us are:
Emerson: Sent 10/1, Yes on 10/6
Ithaca: Sent 10/13, Yes on 11/2
Syracuse: Sent 10/19, Yes 11/9
Hopefully this week there will be a lot more releases. We’ve got a Muhlenberg Scholarship and Baldwin Wallace auditions this week.

2 Likes