My application status

<p>My status says: "We have received your application and are reviewing your file to ensure we have all materials necessary to make a decision. Check back here for updates on your application status." This has been on there for at least 5 weeks now and I'm getting worried because I DID send everything. Does it usually take this long for them to update the status?</p>

<p>Yes, it can take that long. It may go straight from that message to a decision, or you may see one or two interim messages before a decision. Good luck!</p>

<p>If you are really worried you could try calling to make sure they are not missing anything.</p>

<p>Its fine. I checked twice a week for ages. It was seriously like that for 6 weeks. It turns out okay, I got that message and then I checked a couple days ago and voila! I was in.</p>

<p>Awesome, jespere. Congratulations!</p>

<p>It seems application processing and admissions decisions are slower than usual this year due to a technical problem. It's not advised that you call to find out the status of your app. Read about it here: Undergraduate</a> Admissions at UW-Madison: Application processing time line update</p>