My chances of admittance?

<p>Hey, I’m a Senior in FL and currently I have a 2.83 uw gpa and a 3.3 w gpa placing me in the top 40% of my school (I have only taken honors and 6 AP classes throughout high school) and a 22 ACT with a 24 on english, 22 Math, 21 Reading and a 22 on Science, placing me in the 62th percentile in the country… I have already applied to UA and my school sent my transcripts this past friday (9/30). Also, I’ve sent my ACT scores this past monday. Do I have a solid shot of admittance?</p>

<p>Since it’s early in the app season, you’ll either be accepted or Bama will wait to see if you retest for higher scores.</p>

<p>Are you going to retest? Are you going to take the SAT as well?</p>

<p>What GPA is on your transcript? If the 3.3 GPA is on your transcript, then that will certainly help.</p>

<p>The 3.3 is on the transcript as well as my class rank, and I plan on taking the oct ACT. I don’t plan on taking the SAT. Thanks in advance :)</p>

<p>Having the 3.3 on your transcript is a big help. :)</p>

<p>Good luck on retesting. Do you have a practice book? </p>

<p>Tip about the science…look at the charts…that’s where the answers are.</p>

<p>Yep! Basically that’s my score without really studying anything, for the past several weeks I’ve buried my head in the official ACT study guide book, basically reading it cover to cover so I’m hoping for the best!</p>

<p>Oh good…good luck!</p>

<p>If you have a friend who has done well on the ACT, ask him or her to sit with you as you go thru questions and talk about each question. He/she can help guide you to the right answers and you’ll learn from that, too.</p>

<p>Thanks! Hopefully I get accepted soon :slight_smile: One last question, does my choice of an intended major affect the application decision?</p>

<p>i think you should be fine. i applied last month and got accepted with a 3.3 w gpa and a 28 act</p>

<p>Thanks for your responses, anyone else mind giving their input?</p>

<p>Your choice of major shouldn’t make a difference. What did you put?</p>

<p>Pre-med, Biology. I have EC to back it up, 150+ volunteer hours working at the local hospital and I’m currently employed by a local radiology group as well as many advanced science courses on my transcript AP Bio, AP enviro, etc. with a 4 and 5 on the AP exams respectively.</p>

<p>Sam…are you running out of time on the ACT? It seems odd that you’ve done well on your AP exams, but having issues with the ACT. </p>

<p>I think with practice you can certainly bring up the Sci Reasoning section. Remember, look at the charts for the answers. :)</p>

<p>Yes, I tend to run out of time on the science section :frowning: I know the material, but it’s hard for me to do well in such a short amount of time on the science section with only 35 min, I’ll definitely look at the graphs more :slight_smile: But as of right now with my current standing regarding ACT scores and GPA do I have a good shot at acceptance over the next few weeks? Thanks for all your help btw :)</p>

<p>I think you are a lock. If you had a lower ACT, then you would have something to worry about. </p>

<p>I agree about the Science Reasoning section. I always did well on that section, cause I honestly think I didn’t waste time thinking too hard about the answers. Go with your gut, along with your reaosoning, and learn to make educated guesses, especially when things seem impossibly difficult. .</p>

<p>Thanks Atlanta! I was consumed with anxiety until I read your post! :slight_smile: I think I have a good shot as well since I’m OOS (and will be paying full tuition), I attend a nationally recognized high school and it’s VERY competitive here and I have a very rigorous schedule. Thanks again!</p>

<p>your GPA is going to get you in at this early stage…but do retest anyway…it may net you a scholarship. (and fill out the scholarship app now)</p>