My Chances of Gettin in Miami

<p>What are my chances of getting into the U? I'm a New Jersey resident and I'm white.</p>

<p>My GPA will be about a 3.72 (A 4.0 is an A- and a 3.6 is a B+)
My SAT scores are: V 450 M 660 W 610
I took them twice and might take them again in October. I know my verbal score is bad, but I have a high math score and my GPA is pretty good. </p>

<p>My EC's are nothing special- FBLA 11 and 12, Camp counselor summer of 05 and 06. and I'm a basketball ref 9th 10th 11th</p>

<p>What are my chances?</p>

<p>this year's freshman class is the strongest class entering the school academically. Approx. half of the class ranked in the top 5% of their class and the avg. weighted gpa was a 4.2. As for SATs, 25% scored around a 1220 while the other 75% scored around a 1370. Miami is working hard to rank in the top 50 and as a result, its becoming more and more difficult to get accepted. You should really try to improve your SAT scores and see if you can gain a leadership position in one of your ECs.</p>

<p>apply early action and you need to raise that verbal score</p>

<p>I agree with what RedSox said. Knowing that University of Miami is in the process of increasing its selectivity by a great amount and breaking into the Top 50 within the next 3 years, it would be to your benefit to raise your SAT scores and add more leadership positions.</p>

<p>If you can do that, you have a better chance of getting into the U.</p>

<p>That Verbal score could "kill you"...not trying to be political correct or anything...haha</p>

<p>Your GPA is good enough. Your verbal SATS will hurt you. You might have a better chance apply ED to Miami as others have said since you do have a strong GPA.</p>