My chances of getting into engineering through the review process?

<p>Ethnicity: Hispanic
Scores: 1360 (M+CR)
GPA: 4.48
Courses:
IB Diploma (HL Math, SL Physics etc)
EC:
Debate (Captain)
Orchestra(stopped Junior Year)
NHS
Interact Club
Service hours: 200+</p>

<p>Anyone else get notified they are competing in the engineering review?</p>

<p>No letter of Recs though…</p>

<p>I see you listed ethnicity above, and I know it’s in the state application. Question, does Texas A&M use ethnicity in the decision making process? If so, I was not aware of that . . . . </p>

<p>Were you notified by letter that you are competing for engineering through the review process? I haven’t heard of that before.</p>

<p>Yes I was</p>

<p>So you’ve already been admitted to TAMU but just not into the COE yet? At least you’ve gotten past the first hurdle! Congratulations!</p>

<p>With that SAT and class rank you should already be admitted into the college of engineering… did you submit your application very late? (TAMU is not selective, but it’s highly in demand and still pretty darn good)</p>

<p>I submitted my app 1st week of november</p>

<p>Fredjan, yes igonz’s app was late: just a few weeks ago . . . </p>

<p>@treytexag‌
Well, it technically <em>is not</em> late, but had he applied early in October he’d have gotten into Engineering two to three weeks later (before November even started).
@igonz6706‌ You have a pretty good chance, and I sincerely hope you get into engineering, but rolling admissions might make this a little bit more difficult. Don’t lose hope, though!</p>

<p>Out of state applicant?</p>

<p>in state</p>

<p>I agree that your stats should have gotten you auto admit and also into Engineering. Since the change this year you only get “general engineering” and not your major until apply later. I would bet you get into engineering. Fingers crossed.</p>

<p>I applied to the university Nov. 28 (not a last minute decision to do so, just kept procrastinating writing the essays :"> ) and was accepted under automatic admit. I am also now in the engineering review process (Chemical Engineering).
White female
UW GPA 4.0
SAT 1480 math & cr
ACT 34 composite
Rank 1/60 (small public school)
Multiple extra-curriculars and leadership positions
160+ hrs community service</p>

<p>I know you can’t switch until after first semester, but I’m wondering how hard it would be to change majors/how far that would set me back. I wouldn’t want to attend any university unless I could study what I wanted to… </p>

<p>Witted - With such great scores and grades, I think you will ultimately be accepted to engineering if you are already in the engineering review process. I would agree you" wouldn’t want to attend any university unless you could study what you wanted"-- your scores and grades should allow you that! Congrats! </p>

<p>To igonz and Witted, with those high score, you both must be in. I am in the engineering review process as well. My SAT 1340 and ACT 31. Hope we all can be in.</p>

<p>Still in engineering review process. in-state</p>

<p>1450 M+CR SAT Composite
790 Math Level 2
4.45/5.0 GPA</p>

<p>@vs1997 What is your class rank, if your in top 25% then you should be in as an automatic academic admit? </p>

<p>@md21403‌ not auto</p>

<p>@ vs1997, here is info on automatic academic admits…as long as you got at least 600 on SAT Math and CR, if this applies then you should be in in…</p>

<p>successfully complete Texas A&M’s required coursework, and
rank in the top quarter of their graduating class on or before the application deadline, and
achieve SAT or ACT test score minimums, and
combined SAT score of at least 1300 (Math and Critical Reading) with at least a 600 in each of these components, or
composite ACT score of at least 30 with at least a 27 in the Math and English components,</p>

<p>I</p>