my chances?

<p>I'm a student from Northern Virginia and my school has always been one of the top 50 schools in the nation as ranked by U.S.A. Today and I'm applying to the college of architecture, Pamplin School of Business, or the college of science (Most likely College of Science).</p>

<p>GPA: 3.4 (Weighted), 3.3 (Unweighted)</p>

<p>Curriculum: (Course name - AP Score)
AP U.S. History - 3
AP Psychology - 4
AP World History - 4</p>

<p>Planned Courses:
AP Environmental Science
AP Calculus AB
AP Government</p>

<p>SAT I
Math: 640
Reading: 620
Writing: 560</p>

<p>SAT II
Math II: 600
U.S. History: 630</p>

<p>Extracurriculars:
Humane Club President/Founder (4 years)
Football (1 Letter but would have been 2 if not for injury)
Outdoor Track
Class Vice-President (3 years)
Church Council Chairman (3 Years)
International Cultures United President (2 years)
National English Honor Society
Community Swim Team Captain (2 Years)
150+ hours of community service</p>

<p>Other:
Judo (Red/white belt - 6th degree)
Tae Kwon Do (Black belt)
Fluent in Korean and Japanese as well as English
Conversational in Chinese (Mandarin) ,Thai and Spanish
Learning Tagalog and French
Can play piano, guitar and traditional Korean "guitar" (gayageum)</p>

<p>I'm also applying as a Cadet so I hope its going to be a little easier.</p>

<p>Replies are greatly appreciated!!</p>

<p>i doubt it</p>

<p>GPA is very low comparatively; this will probably cripple your chances of getting in. SAT scores are decent, but not enough to compensate for the GPA. Course load also isn’t difficult enough to compensate for the GPA unfortunately. EC’s are good, but they don’t have the kind of weight gpa/sats have. Take it with a grain of salt, but to be completely honest, I’d say your chances of entering are fairly low; you sholud have some backups.</p>

<p>Check out this link for entering freshmen to the colleges you are considering. 2011 is not available yet. Better to assess yourself against real data than to be unreasonably dampered or boosted by the thoughts of those that post here.</p>

<p>[Institutional</a> Research - Students: Admissions](<a href=“http://www.ir.vt.edu/VT_Stats/admissions_contents.htm]Institutional”>http://www.ir.vt.edu/VT_Stats/admissions_contents.htm)</p>