My city is crawling with Bama fans

<p>You people need a little fashion sense. Everywhere I look – red sweatshirts. That’s pretty much it. Red sweatshirts. Oh, and hats too.</p>

<p>In other news, Junior just landed in sunny SoCal. He will be watching the game out there with his girlfriend. (Man, it still sounds funny when I say that.)</p>

<p>Happy New Year to all.</p>

<p>You’re so lucky, Slippy, to be surrounded by all those wonderful Bama fans. Enjoy the sea of red!</p>

<p>Don’t fret so, Slippy - I am sure if you ask Slipson nicely, he would be happy to send you one of his.</p>

<p>Roll Tide</p>

<p>Isn’t OU also red & white?</p>

<p>NOLA is seeing a rise in class…embrace it.</p>

<p>You people need a little fashion sense. Everywhere I look – red sweatshirts</p>

<p>From the person who thinks being awashed in gawd awful Purple and Gold is haute couture.</p>

<p>From the t-shirts I’ve seen for sale in shops along Canal, there is absolutely no color difference between the Alabama crimson and the OU red.</p>

<p>OU’s colors are Crimson and Cream.</p>

<p>Alabama colors are Crimson and Crystal. As I pointed out to an OU alum whose D attends UA. ;)</p>

<p>I have zero problems with Alabama fans who swarm into my town to spend money. I just try to stay away from them in the Krystal burger.</p>

<p>C’mon, Slippy. Slip on a red sweatshirt and join the winners (that’s Alabama red, not to be confused with Oklahoma red). Surely Junior has provided you with at least one cherished item of Bama spirit wear, hasn’t he?</p>

<p>LOL!! When we lived in Natchitoches back during the ‘80s, we spent one New Year’s Eve in New Orleans. (Our hosts, very nice people from Houma, were teetotalers. As I said, nice people…but, but, but…NEVER spend New Year’s Eve in NOLA with teetotalers. Just sayin’. :o) Anyway…that year one of the teams in the Sugar Bowl was Tennessee. You haven’t lived till you’ve seen totally wasted orange-clad fans roaming around the French Quarter singing “Rocky Top” at the tops of their voices. Talk about the Clash of the Cultures. LOL.</p>

<p>While the red sweatshirts are predominant today in NOLA, I did spy some houndstooth coats with red boots on a mother and her daughter. Very stylish.</p>

<p>Tide Treasures is set up at the Sheraton on Canal. They have some really cute things including raincoats with houndstooth linings. I <em>might</em> have picked one up when I ventured too far from the hotel and it got cold and rainy. Also picked up an official UA bow tie. Doesn’t have anything at says Alabama on it but the print on the fabric meaningful. I just don’t remember what it all means. :slight_smile: The lady working there (Carol, I think) is very nice and informative.</p>

<p>lattelady, My DD bought me a pair of houndstooth earmuffs from Tide Treasures several years ago. I love them!
Carol is the director of the Miss UA pageant. The winner gets a full year’s tuition scholarship, and the Runner-ups get book scholarships. She’s a great director, super nice too. I think she works in the alumni office.</p>

<p>Slipppy,My DD is one of those red jersey wearing fans in your fine city. As a senior she scored a ticket to the game, and went early for New Year’s eve celebrations. Trust me when I say the Tide would rather be playing in CA than NOLA.</p>

<p>catfan, that doesn’t surprise me one bit that Carol is the director of the Miss UA pageant. She was very well-put-together herself. She mentioned working in the alumni office. </p>

<p>For those interested, they set up for gamedays but otherwise sell most of their things online. </p>

<p>[Crimson</a> Tide Gifts, Houndstooth Accessories, Alabama Store | Tide Treasures](<a href=“http://www.tidetreasures.com/]Crimson”>http://www.tidetreasures.com/)</p>

<p>Lucky you, Slippy. Wish I was one of them. Damn middle-of-the-week games!</p>