My next four years are in your hands! General questions about Wisconsin.

<p>Hey all,</p>

<p>I've been admitted to Wisconsin as an engineering student, and now as the deadlines are a little over a month away, I'm trying to make a final decision as to whether I should go there or somewhere else. This depends on a lot of information I'm lacking, and only alumni or current students can help me out; I want to know how your personal experience has been.</p>

<p>First of all, in terms of actually enrolling into your desired classes, how difficult is it? Did you find yourself forced to remake an entire schedule after classes were said to be full or unavailable? I've heard this is the case from a friend of mine who goes to Wisconsin currently, and it worries me a bit. </p>

<p>Switching majors- is it hard? I've essentially already decided that engineering isn't for me, so this is naturally rather important in making my decision. I don't know what I want to do at the moment so my goal for the next year or two is to take a variety of classes and really explore my interests until I find something I like, and I'm afraid that if many classes are unavailable it would be rather difficult...</p>

<p>And finally, how do/did you like Wisconsin? So far every review I've heard from current students have been quite positive...</p>

<p>Also, opinions or general impressions of teachers, student life, workload, anything at all would be helpful !</p>

<p>Thanks in advance,
Robert.
On Wisconsin!</p>

<p>Good and bad news on engineering. In order to hire more faculty to take care of the students the UW will be following the other Big 10 schools and adding a tuition charge for engineering of about 1400 per year. </p>

<p>Student life overall is the best.</p>

<p>Congrats! I am ECE alum graduated a decade ago. </p>

<p>You can easily switch from COE to L&S. Going into pharmacy and business are competitive. </p>

<p>It's OK to explore. That's what college for. In fact, that's a great reason to go to Wisconsin because of its vast number of top programs! If you are shut out of a class, speak directly to the professor who can sometime let a few sneak in. </p>

<p>Since many classes always have a few empty seats, some professors will even let you sit in (not audit) as long as you show a lot of interest and willing to play by their rules. For that matter, plan to take 4-5 required courses and then try to sit in as many as classes your schedule permits. </p>

<p>Good luck!</p>