My Next Steps. Help!

Hello,

I’ve recently been admitted to The University of Wisconsin Madison and Minnesota - Twin Cities. I’m Asian and had some quick questions.

1.) Life on campus Minnesota vs Wisconsin

2.) At UW- Madison I’ve been accepted in contingent with the CAE program. I would like to know more about that and what that really means.

3.) I’ve grown up around the University of Minnesota- Twin Cities and diversity here was excellent and I know the Madison isn’t as diverse. I’ve heard some rumors that minorities here aren’t treated so kindly. is this true?

1. Fairly similar lifestyles. Minnesota is located in a slightly larger city, but not too much different. Wisconsin is slightly warmer too.

2. I am not familiar with the program. Check out https://www.cae.wisc.edu/

3. Coming from a diverse background, you will find Wisconsin to be very much not diverse. That being said, the treatment of minorities is generally not targeted towards Asians. There are definitely racial issues, but the university claims it is trying to help. I don’t think the racial issues should scare you, but rather if you do come here be a part of the solution.

UMN located in a “Slightly” larger city? The urban portion of the Twin Cities has about 7.5 times the population of Madison. Madison though, is more dense because you have gov’t and university both packed into a much smaller area (with a sizable chunk of that taken up by the two lakes).

Love both places.