My Registration Experience

<p>I just got back from my BamaBound session, at which I was very very satisfied. Most satisfying, perhaps, was my registration. First of all, I got all the classes that I wanted, at exactly the right times, with exactly the right professors.
Now, this isn’t necessarily me gloating. Actually, I got a little lucky. During the second Avanti group meeting just before registration, where they basically describe how to register, the school drops the hold on class registration, as much as thirty minutes before we got to the lab. I highly suggest everyone who still has a BamaBound session to bring either a smart phone or a laptop to their Avanti meeting so they can register the second the hold is dropped. In this way, I had already registered for all my classes before we even arrived. No stress whatsoever.</p>

<p>Exactly what my son did. Had the classes “approved” by the avanti after he was already registered. They were confused about how he did that, but no problems.</p>

<p>Sent from my DROID RAZR using CC</p>

<p>What time during each Bama Bound does Is the hold on registration dropped?
I am watching a particular UH class that fits schedule, it says 8 seats filled, so I guess there are 7 more to be opened gradually.</p>

<p>At my D’s BB session the hold was lifted a few minutes after 9, and she was able to register for most classes then. However, some of the departments (English was one) did not open new seats until a little later - it was closer to 9:30 when spots opened up in the EN 103 classes. So she registered for everything else and then kept trying to add the English class she wanted until seats in the English class became available.</p>

<p>Yes, I’d say it was a few minutes after 9 for me as well. The only classes that didn’t open that I needed however were Blount classes, which oddly didn’t open until well after we were in the registration room.</p>

<p>Thank you… but I’ve had no luck yet.
The class I am watching for to open is a UH 155. The past couple orientations the list has said there are 8 seats out of 8 filled. Nothing seems to have changed during these Bama bounds. Do you think those last 7 seats are being saved to open during the July Honors orientation?</p>