My schools GPA to UC?!

<p>My GPA at my nevada high school as stated on transcript is a 3.6 uw and a 4.1 w but my UC GPA is only like a 3.6 i think?? will my schools GPA even be taken into consideration for anything. it sucks because i thought my GPA was great untill i only recently descoved i wanted to go to UCSB or UCSC!! because i was not aware of the UC’s GPA system back in 10th and 11th grade i feel like i am screwed.</p>

<p>You'll be ok for UCSC, but depends on SAT for UCSB.</p>

<p>anyone have any insight to share???</p>

<p>My understanding is that UC only gives honors points to OOS applicants for AP and IB courses (and perhaps college courses, if you can document that they are UC transferable). As I read your transcript, none of your coursework would be given honors points, so your UC GPA would be the same as your UW GPA... 3.6.</p>

<p>I know that seems unfair, but the UC makes California high schools apply to have their non-AP honors courses approved, and OOS high schools aren't given the benefit of the doubt. On the other hand, most UC campuses do consider how challenging the applicant's coursework is, so they may give some weight to the fact that you took some honors courses. On the third hand, the fact that you haven't taken any AP courses works against that... unless your school doesn't offer AP courses (which you would have needed to make clear in your application... UC won't know that since your HS is OOS).</p>