My son's chances

Thank you so much! Hopefully he can raise his SAT this weekend for further insurance. That is the one thing that makes me nervous. We will get going on applying to Dallas College so we are ready to go.

1 Like

Thank you! Yes, we will get on that! Thank you

1 Like

hi there, i know you gave me your thoughts on my sonā€™s chances but can you clarify blinn academy? is that PSA or is that the TEAB that iā€™ve seen so often referred to in the 2025 and 2026 class threads? there seems to be so many different pathways and acronyms associated with TAMU that it can sometimes get really confusing. Any insight you might have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

PSA is only for 4 year University system schools.

Blinn Team is an offer for non engineering students (part time tamu part time blinn-2 year program but can transfer before hand)

Blinn TEAB is for engineering only. Transfer full time after ETAM (sophomore year usually).

Both Team & Teab have full access to TAMU main campus like any full time students.

hope that helps.

1 Like

@ChristiR93 Can you please tell me if the Blinn Academy you referenced in the above thread is referring to Blinn TEAB? Thanks!

FWIW, TEAB stands for The Engineering Academy at Blinn or maybe it is Tamu Engineering At Blinn - either way, it is referring to the Bryan location. There is also the engineering academy at Blinn Brehnam, which can be applied to separately, like all the other tamu engineering academies. TEAB can only be offered by Tamu admissions

2 Likes

Aggiebound has a great ā€œEverything You Need to Know About Admissionsā€ video:

(The explanation for Engineering pathways is at 5:46.)

2 Likes

I just wanted to know what my sonā€™s chances are of getting into TAMU engineering either as a full admit or via TEAB. Since TAMU has so many different pathways, I was trying to understand what @ChristiR93 meant when she said ā€œworse case heā€™ll get Blinn Academy.ā€ Like a lot of the parents out there, Iā€™m just anxious to hear something and this community has been so helpful with answering questions and giving guidance. Iā€™m trying to see what the tea leaves are saying :wink: Weā€™d be thrilled if he got TEAB since heā€™s 2nd quartile review and hoping thatā€™s a realistic option. Thanks!

Yes, I was referencing TEAB. Sorry for the confusion.

1 Like

thank you for clarifying. iā€™m really hoping he gets that offer (ofcourse full admit would be great) but considering heā€™s 2nd quarter, iā€™m trying to be realistic. i read over all of the 2025 and 2026 thread and it both made me hopeful as well as anxious. the anxiety levels for those in jan-mar was palpable and so many had such great stats. iā€™m praying for a great outcome for my son and trying to remain cautiously optimistic.

1 Like

1470 SAT and second quarter should definitely get TEAB or Galveston if not full admit. A friendā€™s kid got TEAB Galveston with second quarter and 1310 last year. High school course rigor and school strength probably help a bit too.

How many second quarter applicants get direct admit to ETAM? What kind of test scores have they needed?

1 Like

i would like to share your optimism but after reading through all of last yearā€™s threads, iā€™m very scared. i donā€™t know if my son is a strong enough candidate compared to all the other applicants out there. i do think his essays were solid, but iā€™m probably a little biased and ofcourse, iā€™m not the admissions committee. i hope we hear something in the next month or so but am prepared to wait it out for a while (on pins and needles :grimacing:)

If he were to get Teab or Galveston, he wonā€™t hear til end of January or February (typically).

Yes, thatā€™s what i was seeing on last yearā€™s thread. I really hope itā€™s TEAB or maybe even gateway. Not sure how my son would do all the way in Galveston. Fingers crossed that he finds himself somewhere in college station :crossed_fingers:t2::pray:t2:

Her Howdy portal changed to 7 tabs this weekend so things are looking good!

Thanks again for the support during this waiting game!

3 Likes

@Mays99mom she was accepted to Mays?!

Well thatā€™s exciting!!! Congrats!

1 Like

Yes, she was! Sheā€™s super excited!

1 Like

Congrats! Join Aggie Moms/Dads of Mays FB page (be sure to answer the questions).
Iā€™m a Mays momā€¦outstanding program!!

@ChristiR93
Hi There! I was seeing a wave of acceptances rolled out yesterday however my daughter is feeling discouraged.
She is wanting to do BIMS and her stats are below
1310 SAT
Ranked 26%, so Second quartile
Her school does GPA on 100ā€™s scale and hers in a 102.4
She took 5 AP classes last year and is taking 3 this year

Internship at a chiropractic office
She has had a part time job at a senior living facility for over a year
Environmental Club
FCCLA
National English Honors Society
Social Studies Honors Society

What do you believe her chances are for admission or Blinn Team?
Thank you!