My status is still..

<p>Is anyone's status still: "We have received your application and are reviewing your file to ensure we have all materials necessary to make a decision. Check back here for updates on your application status?" </p>

<p>I've been waiting for more than eight weeks now and my status has not changed at all; this is getting me worried. Should I patiently wait longer or what can I do? Thanks.</p>

<p>That's normal. It took me about 8 weeks to get a reply, but I applied earlier than you did. It seems that the later you apply, the longer it takes to receive an answer.</p>

<p>I applied on October 31st and my status has been the same as yours for a long time. I guess we'll hear by the end of the month or February =/</p>

<p>Wow, MNgirl08. Well, I applied on November 15th. Hopefully, we'll here some good news!</p>

<p>I applied on 11/14 and it changed to "Your app is being reviewed by an admissions counselor" about 2 weeks ago.</p>

<p>That's strange. I applied in early December and my status changed to under review last week.</p>

<p>I'm sure it all depends on where you are located and (therefore) who your admissions rep is. It does seem like Oct 31 to mid-January is an awful long time. I hope you all get some good news soon.</p>

<p>My app. date is 11/26, but my transcripts were sent December 4th. My status changed to a counselor reviewing it about 2 weeks ago, but I am OOS, which is probably the reason why. If you're from Wisconsin, that's most likely the reason why you are still waiting.</p>

<p>I'm from WI and I'm not waiting.</p>

<p>yeah hopefully it is good news...
i have pretty much given up hope unfortunately</p>

<p>where do you guys see the statu??</p>

<p>It's in your UW portal. Go here: Undergraduate</a> Admissions at UW-Madison: Check Application Status
You have to activate your Net ID, which came either in an email or a letter. Then you can log on to the UW portal and check your application status. Once you log on, it's in the Student Center section in the upper left-hand corner.</p>

<p>vvvvaaaapppp said:

[quote]
I'm from WI and I'm not waiting.

[/quote]

Have you heard a result, or are you "moving on?"</p>

<p>I meant I'm not waiting for the status to change from "gathering and checking materials" to "under review". I am waiting for a decision, though.</p>

<p>oregonianmom:</p>

<p>thank you....</p>

<p>I applied on December 2 and their decision was online when I checked on January 17.</p>

<p>I applied on October 31st, and I am still waiting for a decision.</p>

<p>Just wondering...for those who got a quick decision, such as minkspwn, what region are you from...?</p>

<p>i'm from minnesota</p>

<p>maybe there is something with the minnesota counselor?
i have checked to see who my counselor was for my school and we have one assigned, while other schools in minnesota don't have a designated counselor (i checked just to see).
seems just odd that i've been waiting for oh... about 12 weeks
i shouldn't be so frustrated i guess, but as you know it's hard to wait</p>