My UC Sports Dilemma

<p>Hello all,</p>

<p>I am a student at UC Santa Cruz. As some of you may or may not know, UC Santa Cruz’s mascot is the almighty Banana Slug and I am sure damn proud of it. So UC Santa Cruz does not have the best athletic program and most of the schools team aren’t the greatest but I still root for them. Since I am all for the UC system, would it be despised to root for some of the other UC schools teams that are actually good? For example, would it be ‘despised’ for me to root for Cal Berkeley’s football team or UCLA & UCSB’s soccer teams? For some reason, I keep having this internal battle that leaves me not willing to cheer on the other UC schools sports teams simply because they are not my own schools team. Do y’all understand what I’m saying? I want to root for the other UC schools, because at the end Cal represents the northen California UC’s while UCLA represents the southern california teams, but I find myself not able to cheer on the other UC’s sports teams because they aren’t my actual school just another school in the UC System.</p>

<p>P.S. I love sports, if you haven’t noticed. Any feedback is welcome. I just want to get over this internal battle that I have going on . LOL</p>