My Version 2023 Supreme T75 College Ranking: Aggregating the 13 Premier Rankings to Create One Ultimate Ranking

You can’t analyze data generated by a mishmash of badly-described methodologies, and call it truth.

Garbage in, garbage out.

2 Likes

The only rank that mattered to my kids was the one they created themselves amongst the schools we considered and visited. Neither looked at any published rankings. They looked at what was good about each school for themselves.

Can I create my own list of rankings?

4 Likes

Why not? Everyone does. :rofl:

8 Likes

Lindagaf’s list of best colleges:

1. Bates College
  2. Binghamton University

That’s it. :rofl:

11 Likes

Thumper’s rankings.

1. Santa Clara University
  2. Boston University
  3. Ohio University
  4. University of Hartford
8 Likes

From what I can tell, it’s just an average of the rankings and then sorted in ascending order, nothing nefarious. So, with those rankings both number 9’s end up with the 9th highest average rank. (Which actually turns out to be 15 and change). It just means everybody else’s individual rankings are worse.

Yes, this is a relative rank, so that just means they ranked better than all the schools below it. Notice that MIT is #1 overall even though they did not get exactly #1 on every ranking; MIT just did better than every other school if you take their average rank. And there was a tie between Columbia and Northwestern for #9 because their average rank across all 13 publications was the exact same to the decimal point. The same thing happened for Duke and Yale for #5: their average ranking was exactly a tie if you calculate the numbers.

This is correct! I just took the average rank across all 13 publications, there wasn’t any subjectivity in the final order.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.