MyBama update

<p>But are Calc I and Calc II both semester classes i.e. I take I first sem. II second sem? </p>

<p>What about dual credit courses? I have about 30ish credits through DC courses in high school. If my offic. transcripts won’t be ready until end of June, next week at BB do I have to sign up for the freshman courses I should be exempt from? :O</p>

<p>Calc I and II are semester classes. </p>

<p>will you be able to take unoffical transcripts to BB with you? That will be plenty to allow you to sign up for the appropriate classes. The offical transcripts that UA will receive this summer will then verify the unoffical transcripts you take with you. </p>

<p>My son went to UA with many DE and AP credits last summer and the unoffical transcripts were all that were needed.</p>

<p>Vlines is right. You can bring an unoffical transcript printed off the internet or a report card. Even if you forget to bring anything or don’t have your AP scores yet, often the advisors will allow an over-ride, allow you to sign up for the next level.</p>

<p>paying4college, here is an example of what I’m talking about: </p>

<p>[Undergraduate</a> Majors: Mathematics - The University of Alabama](<a href=“Page Not Found | The University of Alabama”>Page Not Found | The University of Alabama)</p>

<p>Most majors/colleges have a similar listing/flowchart/grid of courses showing how you can finish your degree in 4 years. Just cross out those courses you already will have credit for, and move to the next applicable class, and also fill in electives as you go (either to fill Honors req or your major/minor reqs). DW is not as useful at this point for incoming Freshman as it is for currently enrolled students.</p>

<p>^^ I agree. The Finish in 4 plans are absolutely all you need to plan your first semester schedule. </p>

<p>There are usually required classes in the curriculum flow that have no pre-req’s and are not pre-reqs for other courses (e.g., Chem for EE’s). In our house we call these courses “orphans.” If you can Duel credit or AP out of them, move to the next course in the plan. </p>

<p>If you use the Finish in 4 plan to lay out your course progression plan for all 4 years, you will have a strong framework to plan from and will be able to see where you have options in scheduling going forward. </p>

<p>Then, if at BB you can’t get into, say, that upper level CS class, maybe you can knock off an orphan class that is listed in the Finish in 4 Plan for a later semester.</p>