NACAC List of colleges still offering places is out

For anyone unhappy with their acceptances, the NACAC list of schools with openings is out.

For engineering, Dayton and Rose Hullman are on the list.

There are some well regarded LACs with openings too - Juanita and Earlham stood out to me.

192 schools in total right now.

15 Likes

Allegheny, Lebanon Valley, and Susquehanna attract a fair number of our students (HS in PA) as well.

3 Likes

Note Dayton is not open for freshman, just transfers.

There are many many more schools still taking apps that are not on this list too!

3 Likes

Always interesting to look at the list. These were some of the names that stood out to me:

• Allegheny (PA )
  • Austin College (TX)
  • Earlham (IN)
  • Goucher (MD)
  • Juniata (PA )
  • Kansas State - repeatedly making the list of the happiest undergrads in the country
  • Marquette (WI) - especially for all those people looking for a mid-sized university in a city
  • Millsaps (MS)
  • North Carolina A&T
  • Ohio Northern
  • Ohio Wesleyan
  • Pacific Lutheran (WA)
  • Rose-Hulman (IN) (pretty shocked here)
  • Shenandoah (VA)
  • Susquehanna (PA )
  • Whittier (CA)
  • Whitworth (WA)
5 Likes

Penn State is again on the list this year. It is very likely taking applications only for commonwealth (branch) campuses, at least for popular majors.

Looks like some new schools have been added to the list. Some of the schools that caught my eye were:

• California Lutheran
  • DePaul (IL)
  • North Park (IL)
  • Oklahoma State
  • Saint Louis (MO)
  • U. of Redlands (CA)
  • Western Michigan
  • Western Washington
3 Likes

More surprising schools with solid academics. I hope students/parents are taking notice.

3 Likes

The list has a nice variety of schools-large, small, public, private, urban , rural, LAC, research u. Something for everyone.

1 Like

Poor Goucher - it’s struggled for a while. And OWU too.

Definitely.

The other thing I’ve noticed over the last couple of years is that schools seem to be choosing to not put their names on the NACAC list even if they are still accepting apps. Not sure why.

But pre-pandemic, this list used to get up to 500-700 schools, but right now is around 293 (and last year didn’t get much higher) even though it’s likely there are hundreds of more schools still taking apps.

4 Likes

I thought the same thing this morning when I was checking out the list. I’m wondering if it’s perception that’s keeping schools off the list? They don’t want to be on that “list”.

That or they’ve adjusted for lower enrollment and that’s how it will be going forward.

2 Likes

I agree…maybe bad optics/doesn’t fit with the overall marketing strategy.

1 Like
2 Likes

Or maybe the colleges’ target market is not looking at the NACAC list. For example, would students who may consider the local not that selective state university be looking at the NACAC list?

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.