Nachos and Football

<p>My daughter and I went to our first college football game ever at UA this past fall. We loved the game and the nachos! She would like to have the nachos at her graduation party, or something that comes pretty close. The nachos we had at the game had BBQ on them and we were told they were special to UA. Any suggestions on how to replicate these? I know we will need plenty of napkins to serve them if they are anything like what we had at the game!</p>

<p>I had those nachos last Saturday at A Day :)…they are from Dreamland BBQ. I believe they had pulled pork on top. I make pulled pork by putting a pork butt in my crock pot with about 1/4c of water on low for about 8hrs or over night…I then take it out…pull it with forks and add in some bbq sauce (in the case of the nachos you might not want very much sauce). You might try calling Dreamland …I know they ship :)…Tuscaloosa Dreamland
5535 15th Avenue, East
Tuscaloosa, AL 35405
(205) 758 8135
(205) 758 5158 fax
Shipping Inquiries and Shipping Order Status
1-800-752-0544 <a href="mailto:contactus@dreamlandbbq.com">contactus@dreamlandbbq.com</a> </p>

<p>We ship Monday through Friday, 8am to 3pm CST.</p>

<p>ha ha…I also had them last week at A-Day game. Yes, they’re from Dreamland BBQ. My H ended up stealing them from me. lol</p>

<p>Yet another thing to love about UA.</p>

<p>There is also a stand that is set up next to the Houndstooth across from the stadium called Big Bad Wolf’s. They sell BBQ nachos by the thousands on game weekends.</p>

<p>I always pick up a couple jars of Dreamland sauce when I’m down there and have told my great great uncles wife’s brother in law’s great great youngest grandson to bring a few jars back with him this summer.</p>

<p>I wish I could get Archiblad’s sauce shipped but they don’t offer that or sell it in any type of container that would transport well.</p>

<p>That stand by Houndstooth…is that that little stand that’s always there or is it one that just gets set up on Game Day?</p>

<p>I wish A-Day game would change it’s time to later in the day …like 4pm. And, have the stadium open around 1pm. That would allow more Quad activities prior to the game. </p>

<p>And, it would be better weather-wise…sun going down.</p>

<p>Is the Dreamland sauce they served in the cup for dipping the BBQ sauce they sell or the dipping sauce? I didn’t think it was different from what the ribs were covered in.</p>

<p>If you will be in or around Tuscaloosa, Wal-Mart and possibly Sam’s Club sell the sauce in 32oz and 1 gallon containers. Publix also sells the 32oz container in addition to many other BBQ sauces from Alabama BBQ restaurants. I’m planning on buying a bottle of Big Bob Gibson’s White BBQ Sauce to take home.</p>

<p>Dreamland has additional locations throughout the southeast that would also carry the sauce. </p>

<p>I agree with RTOTA14 that Big Bad Wolf’s nachos are excellent. They cost $1 more than the Dreamland ones, but have more BBQ pork on them.</p>

<p>^^OK, Juice Box - I had to use a pen and paper, but I have figured out your relationship to this youngest great great grandson, and it’s just as I thought. Enjoy the yummy sauce he brings home!</p>

<p>Thank-you so much for all the great nacho info! We will be in for bama bound before her grad party so I will definitely take advantage of buying the BBQ sauce straight from the source. I would also love to give Big Bad Wolf’s nachos a try, but it sounds like I will have to wait until parents weekend for that :(</p>

<p>Inspired by this, I’m serving pulled pork nachos today. Give the Mothers Day crowd a taste of Alabama before DS heads there for real. Also giving Bama shirts to the grandmas. </p>

<p>Pulled pork nachos. An OMG moment here in NY.</p>

<p>lol…enjoy! and wish the moms Happy Mothers Day!!</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Crawfish nachos. Yum.</p>

<p>Happy Mother’s Day y’all and Roll Tide. Had 2/3 in NYC today.</p>

<p>Happy Mother’s Day to all y’all. The nachos sound delish.</p>

<p>Found this recipe for the nachos. It’s a little different than what I expected - or at least different from the BBQ nachos they serve at Wrigley Field</p>

<p>[Gameday</a> BBQ Pork Nachos - Football Friday | Plain Chicken](<a href=“http://www.plainchicken.com/2011/09/gameday-bbq-pork-nachos-football-friday.html]Gameday”>Gameday BBQ Pork Nachos - Football Friday - Plain Chicken)</p>