National Achievement finalists

<p>^Ah, really? So there’s hope yet. And here I was, developing an ulcer from worry.</p>

<p>You should ask your school principal or guidance counselor about it.</p>

<p>My school principal didn’t even know I was a semifinalist. And my guidance counselor is clueless. I’ll give them two weeks, and if I get no word, then I’ll have my worst fears confirmed. :)</p>

<p>I became a finalist with a 3.0 unweighted gpa woot. Still really surprised.</p>

<p>I’m a finalist :smiley:
Congrats, guys!!!</p>

<p>I got Finalist too! :)</p>

<p>Should we update colleges we’ve applied to that we’ve advanced in the competition or is it not that big of a deal?</p>

<p>Woot. Finalist! I’m not sure if we should update colleges.</p>

<p>^ Yes, most definitely.</p>

<p>I’m a Finalist, yay!
I want to know how they narrow down the 1,300 Finalists to 800 award recipients.</p>

<p>Update the colleges with the information. If you applied to a school that bases merit scholarships on the tests, you may have increased the amount of the scholarship with the NAS finalist notification.</p>

<p>Congratulations to all of you!</p>

<p>I got NAF notification yesterday, but I’m still waiting for NMF.</p>

<p>I’m a finalist. Still surprised with my terrible essay. But congrats to everyone! :D</p>

<p>The school is still waiting and we have heard nothing. But someone who runs the guidance office died last week of a fatal illness and the office has been closed most of the week.</p>

<p>Has everyone already received the snail mail anouncement? And if so when? S had a 3.7 and a 198 psat… Geez I hope he made the cut. Also do they ask for your senior year first semester grades?</p>

<p>washdcmom
I wouldn’t worry…I got it with a 1870 psat score!
Also, how should we inform colleges? By snail mail, or e-mail? Thanks</p>

<p>I called and asked for specific instructions.</p>

<p>Thanks Yos :slight_smile: We haven’t heard anything and the school says it has not either. I called out there today and of course, they just give you a calendar of when it went out which should have been Jan 22 to schools and Jan 29 to us. So we’ll see.</p>

<p>I just got my letter today! :slight_smile: I’ve been keeping an eye on the mailbox for the past week. lol Time to fax this letter for more money. PSAT 193</p>

<p>I got my finalist letter on the first. Should I send it to my ‘reach’ schools, to better my chances? Because I’m really craving some Smith college.</p>

<p>Couldn’t wait any longer so I called the principal who told me that the mail from last Friday and Saturday had not been opened yet. Minutes later, she contacted me with the wonderful news that my son is a finalist. A few hours later, I checked the school’s website and there is a photo of my DS and the title of the announcement reads:</p>

<p>“National Merit and National Achievement Finalist”</p>

<p>My DS is the only one from his high school. </p>

<p>This is what we’ve been waiting on for him to make the final selection on the college he will be attending in August.</p>

<p>Congrats to all Finalists!</p>