National Achievement finalists

<p>Finally…we heard today. Yippee! Finalist. </p>

<p>S. decided to call and they apologized. The man said the weather seemed to have delayed some of the residential deliveries. He congratulated him, and said that they will be sending him award info on Feb 26…so 2 weeks for that final piece.</p>

<p>Woooo I’m a finalist! When do we know if we get the scholarship?</p>

<p>Coolbeans…the guy in the office said they begin sending that info out on February 26.</p>

<p>Aha! Thank you :)</p>

<p>Are we supposed to get the certificate that is sent to the school?</p>

<p>yes</p>

<p>(10 character)</p>

<p>Has anyone heard about the scholarship yet?</p>

<p>I think that scholarship info comes in March.</p>

<p>The website says that they started sending out notifications Friday, so be on the lookout this week.</p>

<p>^All right. I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for the next 2 weeks, then, since the mail always takes at least a week to reach my house. :frowning: </p>

<p>It’s lamentable that they don’t use express.</p>

<p>I got my scholarship notification in the mail today.</p>

<p>That’s great! I hope I get one. If I don’t it’s understandable though. A 1970 is on the lower range of scorers and my unweighted GPA was only a 3.3 by junior year (back up to a 3.7 now). I didn’t really care about the $2500 scholarship until now because my school district put me all over the homepage and everyone knows about it now…</p>

<p>Got my scholarship notification today in the mail. It says it’s $2000 annually … ? What’s with that? I thought it was just one award of $2500?</p>

<p>My letter came in the mail today, too. I’m shocked it arrived so soon.</p>

<p>@buriedalie, you probably got a corporate scholarship. ([National</a> Merit Scholarship Corporation - Sponsorship](<a href=“http://www.nationalmerit.org/sponsorship.php#corporate]National”>http://www.nationalmerit.org/sponsorship.php#corporate))</p>

<p>And congratulations. :D</p>

<p>Gah, it’s times like these which make me wish we had a mailbox and not just a PO Box that my mom checks whenever she wants…</p>

<p>^Did she check it today?</p>

<p>Nope. But, I need her to mail a scholarship app and my Jackie Robinson stuff tomorrow, so she’ll check it sometime while I’m in school. I’ll either be really happy or really sad when I get home lol</p>

<p>I hope you’ll find some good news. From what I can see, you seem like a decent chap with pretty nice stats too. :)</p>

<p>Has anyone received a no yet? I still haven’t gotten a letter. :frowning: I’m wondering whether they alert those who don’t receive anything.</p>

<p>You don’t get the “no” notification until the 14th of April, which doesn’t make much since or serve a purpose since the names of those who are selected are given out to the media way before then.</p>