National Champions!

<p>The Gym Tide just won the women’s gymnastics National Championship!! This is the 5th title for the program and first since 2002. Congrats to Coach Sarah Patterson and the young ladies who represent UA with class every meet.</p>

<p>1 University of Alabama 197.650
2 UCLA 197.375
3 University of Oklahoma 197.250
4 University of Nebraska 196.725
5 University of Utah 196.500
6 University of Michigan 196.425</p>

<p>Special congrats to Bama’s Kayla Hoffman (Jersey girl) for winning an individual national championship in the Vault & Floor exercise and to Kim Jacob for winning the Balance Beam. </p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Excellent news!! Congratulations Ladies!!
Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Congrats to these very talented young ladies! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>oops, I was mistaken about the individual national championships won by Kayla and Kim. They won those events tonight but the individual national championships for each event won’t be held until tomorrow. Good luck to all the UA ladies competing for individual honors tomorrow afternoon.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Just returned from the NCAA Championship and was thrilled to watch Bama win.</p>

<p>I attended the meet because it was in Cleveland Ohio our hometown!
D is a current sophomore at UA!</p>

<p>I have only been to one other collegiate gymnastic meet so I really was there just to enjoy and support the Tide! They did great according to my calculations only had one bobble on the balance beam. Which I think is excellent at such a big meet the girls have nerves of steel!</p>

<p>Bamas parents had these giant heads they pulled out just before the girls did their last rotation on the floor! Of course they also had their red and white shakers!</p>

<p>I will also say the UGA and Florida teams did a bit of cheering for the Tide as well (they were one section away from our seats)! Really an impressive day!</p>

<p>Congrats! Roll Gym Tide!</p>

<p>Congrats to them! I did gymnastics until my junior year of high school so I am so excited to go to meets next year. Roll tide!</p>

<p>Congrats the Gym Tide! </p>

<p>When does Sarah Patterson get her statue on the Walk of Champions?</p>

<p>lol, have you been reading tider insider? I actually do think she should get a statue. But it needs to be placed at Coleman where the gymnastics team competes and not at the walk of champions at Bryant Denny. </p>

<p>When (not if) Coach Grant leads us to a National Championship in basketball I think he should get a statue at Coleman too.</p>

<p>Regina: You’ll enjoy the meets. Students get in free and the meets usually draw around 10,000 people or so. The team is always in the hunt for a national championship and they put on a great show.</p>

<p>^^^^^^^ like!!!^^^^^^^</p>

<p>Omama, I wish I knew you were there last night. Since we live in Central Ohio and my son dates one of the gymnasts, my DH, son and I drove to Cleveland yesterday to support the team. My Bama son flew home on Wednesday night which allowed a few days at home with his younger brother. We sat in Section 125 with the team. Where were you sitting?</p>

<p>It was very close competition. The Champion was not secured until the very last event and last gymnast from both UCLA (beam) and Bama (floor). It was very exciting to watch this team. The parents and fans did a great job making them selves heard!!! Roll Tide Roll!!!</p>

<p>We could not stay for todays events since we had to get our son back to Columbus for a 2:30 PM flight back to BHM.</p>

<p>Gee, I probably sat right behind you. </p>

<p>I remembered you saying you were coming up with your son. My friend planned on attending with me but had to back out at the last minute. </p>

<p>So I sat with a local club.</p>

<p>My friends niece just recently won state all around and is headed to Northern Illinois on scholarship. They competed on Friday but did not make it to Super Six.</p>

<p>It was fun to watch Bama…funny things I heard from the group around me! Questions about the coaches Houndstooth pants. They loved when the girl tumbled to Sweet Home Alabama, I did not even try to explain the elephant trumpet in another girls floor exercise!</p>

<p>Hope you had fun! Did you eat out?</p>

<p>My DS has decided to attend Cleveland State, not quite as pretty as the University of Alabama (LOL)! But for him a good starting place!</p>

<p>So sorry I missed you. And sorry to hear your son will not be joining the Family. </p>

<p>We went to Hard Rock Cafe to join the Team after the Meet but the room that was reserved could not accommodate the number of family and guests. We then headed back to hotel and ate there. </p>

<p>It was still fun to participate in the Team’s accomplishments.</p>

<p>momof3boyz:</p>

<p>Sorry I missed you as well! I’m glad your son got to come home and watch his girlfriend compete!</p>

<p>I too am a bit sad my DS is not coming to Bama next year. But he has always been one to make sound decisions and with his stats he felt it did not make sense to pay OOS, when he qualified to recieved a scholarship at CSU. Now if he would have studied all 4 years of high school the decision would have been harder!!</p>

<p>I must say I feel Alabama is the ultimate college experience; great academics, beautiful campus and unmatched school spirit.</p>