National Champs!

<p>Congrats to men’s golf team…National Champions! Beat Illinois 4-1! Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>You are well and truly indoctrinated, chitowndad! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Roll (straight into the cup) Tide !!!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!! Alabama’s 1st non football men’s team sports national champions ever!! That was a good one TXArchitect.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>DD2 was going to try and attend the UA golf camp late next week but timing just was not working out. DD2 has high hopes of being recruited for ladies golf. From UA would be even better :slight_smile: It is going to be tough being that they are tops in the nation.</p>

<p>Nice!! Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>A house (generationally) divided here. I’m an Illinois alum, and DS is Bama bound. </p>

<p>It was amazing golf – the NCAA webcast was really quite good. Bama fans were out in force, you/we should be very proud. The community showed up and supported the team.</p>

<p>Roll Tide! Also, @dixiedelight, I know of another from this year alone… the men’s wheelchair basketball team! :slight_smile: [Alabama</a> captures first men’s wheelchair basketball national championship | al.com](<a href=“http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/03/alabama_wins_1st_wheelchair_ba.html]Alabama”>Alabama captures first men's wheelchair basketball national championship - al.com)</p>

<p>That’s great news TNTide5! I didn’t know they had won that. I just read that stat off of some article today. I’ve always thought it was awesome that UA was a leader in disabled athletics. Maybe the article meant NCAA champions or something?</p>

<p>Ah, that is great TNT!!!</p>

<p>I just asked my DH who he thinks won the NCAA wheelchair basketball championship this year…he said, UTA. Nope, it was Alabama. DH went to UTA and they have had a great wheelchair team for a long time.</p>

<p>My oldest daughter will be a sophomore at U of I this fall and younger daugher starts at Bama in August. It was win-win for us :-)</p>

<p>Coincidence that Dr. Witt was at UTA prior to UA???</p>

<p>Even being from IL, and a certified addict of the game, I am darn proud the Tide prevailed! Urbana-Champaign are a smug lot, and I am glad they were schooled!</p>

<p>Nice news, but not a great day for the Tide. Baseball blew a 3 run lead in the last inning vs. Troy (which is apparently some other Alabama school) to get eliminated from the NCAA tournament. Insult to injury, they walked in the winning run.</p>

<p>My own school got eliminated by the pigs, so it was depressing throughout the house.</p>

<p>I’m also a golfer from Illinois with a D considering both UI and UA. Unlike rolltide90, I don’t think the Illinois group is a “smug lot” but each is entitled to their own opinion. The comments I heard from the Illini golf team and coach were very complimentary of the Alabama team. Great playing, strong fan support (for golf) and great sportsmanship. A tip of the hat to Coach Jay Seawell and his team!</p>

<p>That reference was not directed at the Illinois golf team as individuals, I don’t know them. That comment was directed at U of I as a whole based on my experiences and observations. There is a heavy Chicago influence on that campus, with a decidedly liberal bias politic to match. It isn’t even remotely as beautiful or as friendly in overall demeanor in comparison to UA. Illinois is unfortunately home to my family (born and raised) but I simply cannot wait to make my exit for a friendlier climate (both literally and figuratively). It is very easy to see why so many are proud to call Alabama home.</p>

<p>UA and UI are chalk and cheese. IMO.</p>

<p>^What does that mean, aeromom? I’ve never heard that expression.</p>