National Hispanic Recognition Program - Class of 2018

Here in Virginia - Still have not received!

Guys go ahead and call if you are trying to submit a college application ASAP… They will confirm your scholar status, whether you made it or not.

Received in Vermont Yesterday. They must send them out in batches.

Does anybody know what the score cutoffs were for NHRP? Is there a website which lists this info for past years?

@clairegal2000 Where in California? And what was your score? I am in Los Angeles and still no rejection email or white envelope in the mail.

I’m looking for the cutoff for class of 2018 for the mountain west region. Any ideas?

The Bay Area.

Hi y’all, I’m a senior from Texas who recently has discovered the wonderful benefits that comes with NHRP. I have information for a bunch of scholarships for National Hispanic Scholars recognized by Collegeboard (automatic and competitive) if anyone is interested.

University of Alabama at Birmingham
-tuition for 8 semesters
-first year of freshman dorms
-a $1000 technology scholarship
a $2500 experimental learning stipend (traveling, etc…)
—just be accepted and then email copies of certificate and notification letter from Collegeboard.

Arizona State
NEW AMERICAN UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP
-varies, but full tuition for 8 semesters has been reported by previous students and the scholarship calculator on site.
-Scholars get to apply later to Barrett Honors College, Jan. 1st deadline for honors application (regular application before, check website.)
—Get admitted to university, then contact for scholarship

Northeastern
-$30,000 yearly, I called to confirm.
-early ACTION is non-binding, Nov. 1st deadline
----apply, then contact for scholarship

Wichita State University
-tuition, student fees, campus infrastructure
-room/board on campus
-$500 a semester for books (2 years?)
—Apply by April 1st, must be fully admitted to a degree-bound program by May 1st

University of New Mexico
CONROY ACHIEVEMENT SCHOLARSHIP
-tuition and fees
-$2500 stipend PER YEAR
-one year of freshmen housing
—apply by Mar. 1st, automatic, just call/email for scholarship info

Florida State University
NHRP
-tuition and fees (including out of state)
—apply, fill out scholarship section on application, contact

Andrews University
-full tuition/books, Maybe room/board (call)…
—apply, send records to admissions office.

University of Kentucky
PATTERSON SCHOLARSHIP
-full tuition (out of state)
-$10,000 for housing (one time, 2 yrs worth)
—Apply by December 1st, contact

University of Nebraska-Lincon
-CHANCELLOR’S SCHOLARSHIP
-full out-of-state tuition
-$2000 stipend (one time or yearly?)
—apply, contact

Fordham
-full tuition, 4 years
—COMPETITIVE, contact/apply

A&M University (TAMU)
-$14,000 over 4 years ($3500 per year)
—Apply by Nov. 1st or Dec. 1st, contact

That’s it for now, happy applying!

@BriTexan THanks for posting this! That is great! Question: I looked at the U of Kentucky site and it states “In state Tuition” - you mention out of state tuition is covered. I live in Virginia so am wondering if somehow you learned that out of state tuition was also covered? PLEASE POST anything more that you find. THANK YOU!

Another school with Full tuition for NHRP: Mississippi State

(Per their website)National Hispanic Recognition Program

Four-year award (eight semesters)

Award:
Awarded to students who have been recognized by the College Board’s National Hispanic Recognition Program
The scholarship is worth approximately $34,000, which covers tuition and fees for four years of undergraduate study
Non-resident students may also receive a scholarship to cover 100% of the out-of-state portion of tuition
National Hispanic Recognition Scholarships are awarded in lieu of Academic Excellence Scholarships

This is the same award as National Merit SemiFinalist.

@BriTexan
Here is another FULL TUITION / ROOM & Board scholarship - and it is right on the beach in Florida!

New College of Florida - an all-honors college in Sarasota - 4 years of tuition, room and board valued at $17,500 /year

New College National Excellence Award

Scholarship Value: $17,500 ($70,000 over four years)

For the Excellence Award, you must be one of the following:

National Hispanic Scholar, recognized by the College Board National Hispanic Recognition Program; or
National Merit® Finalist, and select New College as your first-choice school according to National Merit Scholarship Corporation procedures.
This scholarship is assigned to two types of finalist, and is funded from a combination of sources, including these funds:

https://www.ncf.edu/admissions/cost-and-aid/scholarships/out-of-state-freshmen/

Does anyone have a link to the Florida State University NHRP scholarship information? I’ can’t find any reference to it on their website.

@Southern5062 If I can recall correctly, there is a chart for both in-state scholarships and out-of-state scholarships. If you go to the out-of-state one, the Patterson scholarship should be there for full tuition as well!

I just posted in the 2017 NHRP Scholarship thread today on University of South Carolina and there is some great info there on many other schools offering scholarships. Congratulations on this wonderful accomplishment
http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/hispanic-students/1972661-2017-nhrp-scholars-scholarships.html#latest

@ciscopro I can’t find it! I do know that Central Florida offers money but you have to contact them about the amount ( I’m waiting for a reply), and Florida International offers full tuition, fees, and room and board. However, for Florida International there is a GPA/SAT requirement, as you have to be rewarded one of their other merit scholarships to qualify. I hope this helps, I must have received dated information about Florida State, sorry!

Mentioning this again - I called Mississippi State and you do receive Full Tuition just for being an NHRP scholar. Just apply and when they send your acceptance letter, just send your award certificate to Financial Aid. My mom went there and it is a great school, great sports teams, excellent programs including engineering, strong business school…
Also University of kentucky -Full tuition for 4 years, (In / Out of State) plus $10,000 room and board for two years.

Does anyone have an updated list of colleges that offer assistance- scholarships??

@TBone2001 I have visited many threads from previous years, but it seems that reading through this one will highlight many of the current schools with the most generous offerings for NHRP. Some of the colleges had Dec 1st deadlines if you were planning to apply for merit aid, however - so you should reach out to their financial aid and admissions offices pretty quickly if you hope to utilize your NHRP scholarship. Mississippi State is full tuition; University of Kentucky is Full Tuition and $10,000 toward housing, I believe. Arizona State has a possible full tution offer as well. Again, with manmy of these schools, you may have to apply through their Honors Program, and / or do some additional essays required for all merit-based scholarship applicants etc - but they do list NHRP on their scholarships pages. But start by reading through all the schools mentioned in this thread and you’ll find mostof the bigger ones.

University of Arizona - http://www2.honors.arizona.edu/national-scholars?destination=node/348

Can anyone share cutoff scores from last year by state?