National Hispanic Recognition Program Class of 2021

NHRP recipients may want to read this long thread:

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/financial-aid-scholarships/2154331-looking-for-advice-in-merit-aid-for-a-top-1-student-p1.html

Be careful of the “Up To” scholarships. Those offers are meaningless.

Has anyone received the certificate? I got the email about being selected, but I didn’t get anything else. I need to send it to my college of choice for scholarship purposes

@ryders3 we have not received the actual certificate. We are in WA state.

We have not received the certificate either.

My son has not either, in CA

I beleive it stated the school will receive the actual certificate and the student an email if selected. Daughter received the email and the school usually hands out any Merit certificates during the Awards Ceremony held in the spring.

I called and they said schools will be mailed the certs by end of October (which is kinda annoying for 11/1 application deadlines).

It looks like FIU has updated their NHRP and it does not include housing. This is a recent change, because my son applied this summer and it was a full ride at the time. We were just going over scholarships and saw the change today.

Has anyone received the certificate yet?

@kwhdman we received our S21’s certificate directly from our son’s high school last week.

ASU offered my D21 full tuition as OOS for being NHRP. She would only ave to pay housing and barrels honor college fee. Other scholarships she finds can stack on top of this.

The 2020-21 version of Inside Honors says that Texas Tech offers full tuition and room and board to NHRP scholars. Can anyone here confirm this?

Texas A&M offers in-state NHRP winners $6k/year, and OOS winners $4k + OOS tuition waiver/year:

https://scholarships.tamu.edu/Scholarship-Programs/National-Scholars#0-NationalRecognitionPrograms

2 Likes

I asked the CBRP and this is their response for cutoffs in California:

"Please note the cutoff scores for the 2021 National Recognition Programs for students in California are as follows:

African American Recognition: 1140
Hispanic Recognition: 1130
Indigenous Recognition: 1150
Rural and Small Town Recognition: 1110"

1 Like

Has anyone gotten the email announcement? I logged onto her account and it said it would be announced today at 7 PM Pacific time. I still have not gotten an email.

No email yet

Perhaps he is not identified as hispanic within the school system of college board. He can apply regardless of an invite due to his performance.
Go to the college
Board site for more information