National Hispanic Recognition Program

<p>:D</p>

<p>If you call/e-mail them, it would be helpful for people to know which states are in which regions.</p>

<p>I’m pushy, aren’t I??? lol</p>

<p>^That part is easy, here’s their Regional map:</p>

<p>[About</a> Us - The College Board](<a href=“http://about.collegeboard.org/]About”>http://about.collegeboard.org/)</p>

<p>But my email ended up with a reply that final cutoffs would be made in late April. So maybe those parents & students with some skin in the game this year would be willing to make calls/emails. Remember, don’t just ask if you qualify, but rather for the cutoff for the Region your state is in.</p>

<p>So far for the Class of 2013:</p>

<p>Region 1 - New England -
Region 2 - Mid Atlantic - 184
Region 3 - South -
Region 4 - Southwest -
Region 5 - Midwest -
Region 6 - West - 184</p>

<p>wally, what’s your Region and the cutoff? gator makes me think FL in the South Region, but then there’s the ca part?!?</p>

<p>Where do they publish the cut-offs, when they do?</p>

<p>I have never seen them published. HS GCs are told they have a student(s) that qualifies, I’m not sure if they’re told the actual cutoff or not. When you call NHRP they will tell you.</p>

<p>Hi - just read where I should locate a sticky thread - and honestly have NO clue where to find it. Can someone help me?</p>

<p>In the upper left corner of this page you will see the following menu:</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Click on:</p>

<p>“Hispanic Students”</p>

<p>On the Hispanic Student page, notice that the first four threads have “bulletin board tacks” infront of them, representing sticky threads.</p>

<p>Thank you so much perazziman!!</p>

<p>Just wanted to thank you all for the information I’ve found here. My son made the cut off, but I probably wouldn’t even have known about the program withouth this site. I apprecaite it!</p>

<p>Super, congrats to him! Do you have a cutoff score for one of the Regions?</p>

<p>I got the first non-automatic email response today, confirming that for Arizona (West) the cut-off is 184. </p>

<p>I barely made the cut-off, so I’m pretty glad.</p>

<p>Hi. I am new to the board and glad I found this discussion. My D attends a school where GC is completely unfamiliar with the program because of the low hispanic population.</p>

<p>Does anyone know when the verification forms were sent out to GC? I called the CB and was able to find out that the cutoff for MA is 185 (which my D made) and was also given an email address to ask any additional questions. When I sent the email, I received an automated “out of office” reply so am not sure if the email is even going to be read by an actual human.</p>

<p>I just want to make sure my D does not miss out on this opportunity because of the lack of knowledge from the Guidance Office. </p>

<p>Any insight provided would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.</p>

<p>Congratulations AdrLan on making NHRP!</p>

<p>Welcome temcm and congrats to your D!</p>

<p>So far people have only reported calling NHRP for cutoff scores, no one has talked about being notified by their HS GC. Last year the first post that someone’s GC was notified was on May 17, so it may be another week or so before they’re sent out.</p>

<p>Since your GC is unfamiliar with the program, I’d recommend that your D go in and see her GC and give them the website for NHRP so that they can see the qualifications and process. That way they’ll be aware that something should be coming soon and that they should fill out the paperwork and return it to NHRP. If your GC hasn’t heard anything a couple of weeks before your school ends, I’d recommend having them call or email NHRP (I got the out of the office message too, and then someone replied in person last week) and NHRP will send them the papers. </p>

<p>The main thing is, don’t worry. Every year we’ve had students come in the fall who were never notified in the spring. They have their GCs contact NHRP and all have gotten the award.</p>

<p>If you haven’t already, please take a look at the Resources sticky thread, there’s lots of helpful information about scholarships, diversity fly-ins to colleges, etc. There’s also a sticky thread for the Class of 2017 to discuss, support, ask questions, etc.</p>

<p>Here’s the current cutoffs people have reported, please feel to update with the other Regions:</p>

<p>Region 1 - New England - 185
Region 3 - South -
Region 4 - Southwest -
Region 5 - Midwest -

<p>Thanks entomom for your response. I think I am more worried about this whole college process than my D. It’s nice to have a place to receive some advice from other parents going through the same thing.</p>

<p>Will follow your advice and have D go in to talk with her GC.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>You’re not alone! Last night I was awake thinking about D1s job search and D2s fr year finals–it never ends. </p>

<p>Seriously, you’ve come to the right place, there are many very knowledgeable and helpful members here that provide unconditional support and guidance.</p>

<p>I called and confirmed that the 2013 cutoff for the Southwest Region is 182</p>

<p>Thanks for reporting mmcoll, hope that was a good number for you!</p>

<p>Region 1 - New England - 185
Region 3 - South -
Region 4 - Southwest - 182
Region 5 - Midwest -

<p>CB map of Regions:</p>

<p><a href=“http://about.collegeboard.org/[/url]”>http://about.collegeboard.org/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Has anyone’s child been notified by their guidance counselor that they met the cutoff for NHRP? My son has not been notified of anything yet. I thought the guidance counselor received the names of the students who met the cutoff in early May.</p>

<p>My high school counselor gave me a verification form today. Do they only give these forms to students who qualify or to apply? My gpa is a 3.95 unweighted and 4.3 weighted but I don’t think my PSAT was good enough. does collegeboard send the names of the students or is this an application?..</p>

<p>My ds hasn’t gotten anything yet.</p>

<p>Blabla, if you’ve gotten the verification, I think your PSAT was good enough. What was it and in what state do you live?</p>

<p>166 and i live in NY.
I didn’t meet the cut off?
it’s only based off of PSAT scores right? because i got a 2010 on my SAT</p>