National Hispanic Recognition Program

<p>If you receive an invitation does that automatically guarantee you some kind of award, letter, something?</p>

<p>No. You also have to show that you fulfill the other NHRP requirements, 25% Hispanic and 3.5 gpa (Scholar), 3.0 Honorable Mention at the end of jr year. Please go to the NHRP website for a full description.</p>

<p>Question: If I received an invitation and fulfill the requirements (3.98 GPA, full hispanic) but barely made the cut-off, does that mean I’m not likely to receive an award? I live in the Southern region and my PSAT score was a 195. I know that for NMS, they usually make the cut off even higher for finalist or something… is this the same with NHRP? Sorry, I’m kind of new to this…</p>

<p>Based on past years, the Regional cutoffs are what you need to qualify.</p>

<p>Your information about NMS is incorrect, the state cutoffs are the same for Semi Finalists and Finalists, see the instructions for going from SF to F here:</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.nationalmerit.org/Merit_R&I_Leaflet.pdf”>http://www.nationalmerit.org/Merit_R&I_Leaflet.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I do notice that NHRP has changed their language somewhat in mentioning state and territory cutoffs:</p>

<p><a href=“For Students: National Recognition Programs - BigFuture”>College Board - SAT, AP, College Search and Admission Tools;

<p>

</p>

<p>I would recommend that someone going through the process this year question NHRP about what this means.</p>

<p>Oh, okay. I did not know that, thank you for answering! </p>

<p>I placed a call to Santiago because when I called a couple of weeks ago, he told me TX was 181 cut-off but didn’t mention anything about region or territory. With my older S in 2011, it was Southwest Region if you lived in Texas. I have not heard back. I will post answer when he returns my call.</p>

<p>I went back to my older S’s print screen of the NHRP website from 2011 that I had saved in his file and it did have the same wording as my younger S’s 2015 website. See below what it said in 2011:</p>

<p>Achieve the minimum required PSAT/NMSQT cutoff score (this index score may vary by state, region and
territory each year).</p>

<p>Just fyi but will verify with Santiago.</p>

<p>How am I supposed to upload my score report plus online? Do I scan the entire thing and upload it as a single document?</p>

<p>Just received return call back from Santiago. I wasn’t home but he left message saying Texas remains in the Southwest region like it has in the past and that 181 is the verified cut-off PSAT score.</p>

<p>Does anyone know anything about the Midwest Region? Why haven’t all regional scores been confirmed yet? </p>

<p>^All the Regional scores have been determined by NHRP; however, some are not reported here because members have not called and then posted.</p>

<p>Towards the bottom of page 50 of this thread, MeTexn has posted the number to call for Regional cutoffs. Please call this number, ask for the Midwest cutoff, and post it here to share with the community.</p>

<p>Go to Login/Register to get verification form to give to school. Then upload verification form and PSAT scores</p>

<p>Hi all - I just called Santiago (see pg 50) and confirmed that the cut-off number for the West was 182. He says it was down a little this year, and it normally is ~ 185. </p>

<p>^Thanks! </p>

<p>Region 1 - New England - 185
Region 2 - Middle States-
Region 3 - Southern - 195
Region 4 - Southwestern - 181
Region 5 - Midwestern -
Region 6 - Western - 182</p>

<p>I called Santiago and he told me the cutoff for Kansas was 196. I’m not sure if this applies to the whole Midwest region. </p>

<p>We did NOT received an email. So this is what I did:</p>

<p>1- go to Login/Register to print eligibility verification form,
2- complete form,<br>
3- give to school counselor to verify and sign,
4- print PSAT scores from College Board My College Quick Start - Santiago said that if you do not have your official 2013 PSAT Score Report Plus, you can download the three separate scores as they appear on College Board,
5- scan form and then scan scores,
6- register on Login/Register,
7- get application ID,
8- complete application,
9- upload PSAT scores, upload eligibility verification form,
10- put in application ID,
11- sign,
12- print for your records,
13- submit! </p>

<p>The scholars apply phone number is 507-931-0624.</p>

<p>We finally got the application done! </p>

<p>Hi guys! I’m really confused about all this so maybe someone could help me out? </p>

<p>I received a letter in the mail maybe a week ago asking me to register for this, telling me I might be elligable (I think I am, I’m in Florida and got a 204 PSAT). I got a code and went on the website but I was a bit confused by the instructions. I printed out the thing and had my guidance councilor sign it. So now I just register and will the rest be obvious? </p>

<p>I’m just trying to make certain I do everything correctly as this is basically how my brother afforded to go to college, but he didn’t have to do like any of this and I don’t wanna screw it up.</p>

<p>Go to the site mentioned in the letter, scan in your form that the GC signed and upload it where it says to on the NHRP site. Enter the invitation number like it says and that is pretty much it.</p>

<p>When will we hear ? September ? I worry that my daughter may have made a mistake along the way, but there’s no way to check that your application’s complete, right?</p>