National Hispanic Recognition Program

<p>I am not sure…I think you might be in the “international” category. Try calling the NHRP and ask.</p>

<p>D just learned she received the Chancellor’s Scholarship for Non-residents at University of Nebraska - $23,016 for 1st year covering full tuition plus a little extra.</p>

<p>D accepted to ASU (New American Scholar - OOS Tuition) and U of AZ honors program ($30,000/Yr) as NHRP Scholar.</p>

@GXC2015 Did your D apply to Boston College because I was accepted Early action to BC and they never mentioned or said anything about a scholarship for NHRP Scholars so I was just wondering if you could elaborate on the information the school gave her.

I scored 217 on the 2014 PSAT. Am I eligible to be a NHRP?

If you are at least 1/4 hispanic you would be eligble with that score.

Other than as a minimum requirement, does GPA factor into the selection process for NHRP?

I don’t think so, I think it is based on the PSAT.

That’s what I suspected also. Wish the kid would have tried to prepare a bit for the PSAT instead of winging it since he was not planning on taking the SAT, just the ACT. Now he has to sit on the 90% bubble hoping he squeaks in as an NHRP scholar. From the results on this post, the NHRP scholar designation seems to get some decent financial awards from some schools.

Just received an email from the CollegeBoard inviting me to participate in the NHRP, stating that I scored in teh top 2.5% of Hispanics in my region. I scored 217 in PA.

With that score I would think you would have no problem being a NHRP.

Just got the email today as well. 227 in Florida.

I hope so, @bopper. Congratulations, @giraffeinatree‌. I hope we’re both able to become NHRP.

My daughter was a 199 in NJ and was a NHRP.

Has anyone ever gotten a full ride as a NHRP? Or is it mostly tuition coverage only?

@DominicBayer‌ & @giraffeinatree‌ You two are definitely going to get NHRP. You should be more focused on National Merit with those scores. Congrats on the great scores!

@cinnamon01‌ I don’t think any of the offers I received by mail or email were full rides. They were mostly partial tuition coverage.

Is it possible to be a national merit scholar and get NHRP, or do you just get the highest 1 you qualify for (which would obviously be NMS)?

You can have multiple. For example I am a National Achievement Scholar and National Hispanic Scholar. @giraffeinatree‌

Thanks for the good wishes, @Mathmaticious‌. I hope you’re right and I can get to be a NHRP and a National Merit Scholar, and I hope that @giraffeinatree‌ is able to do the same.

I also recently recieved one of these emails that congratulated me. Scored a 215 from Ohio. Only problem is I don’t know exactly what is taken into account when determining who becomes a scholar and who doesn’t. Does anyone know the criterion under which all the candidates are judged? Also, slightly off-topic question, how many students are chosen nationwide?