National Merit Finalist Question

The portion of your stipend paid by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation will be applied to your student account within the first six weeks of each semester.
My question is this: If you are named a NMF but are not then named a National Merit Scholar do you receive the NMF package? The line above is from the NMF page on UA’s site. Thanks in advance

If you’re a NMF and chose UA by the deadline then you will be a NM Scholar.

edit for clarity: if you don’t receive a NMSC-funded scholarship via NMSC, or a corporate-sponsored scholarship via NMSC, then UA will award you a college-sponsored scholarship via NMSC (which will then make you a NMScholar). UA deducts that scholarship from their NMF package, so the total amount you will receive stays the same. Hope that’s clear as mud?

What @flatKansas said was precisely true for my son this year. He was named NMS eventually, because he updated his top college selection at the last moment. None of the actual scholarship amounts changed as a result of this. I would assume that is universally true, but can only confirm what happened to him.

Yes yes yes

@flatKansas From reading your various comments on CC I’ve come to the conclusion that my son may be in a similar situation to yours. He will graduate in May 19, wants to study Computer Science, is from KS (assume you are based on id), is considering Alabama, is a NMSF and hopefully NMF. I want to get your advice but cannot seem to message you. Message me if you can please.