National Merit Finalist Scholarship

<p>I have a question about the national merit scholarship miami offers. If you get above the 16k scholarship that you're ”guaranteed” according to the website if you get finalist, do you still get the 1k or 2k national merit scholarship?</p>

<p>I also applied as a NMF and wonder the same thing. Will being an NMF help me with admission also?</p>

<p>I suppose if your grades coordinate to the likely SAT you should have, you’ll get offered more than 16K anyway. Keep us posted.</p>

<p>Your stats??</p>

<p>Weak UW GPA, like a 3.1 or so. But I took almost all H or AP so my WGPA is almost a 4.0. Also have good ec’s, highlighted by being a former class presideny, school officer, and a newspaper editor, among others. My school does not rank. I have NLD and sent my admissions counselor an email discussing that. From the Northeast, no real hooks, and obviously NMF. 2200 SAT (1440 CR+M). Prestigious private school. Good essay and I assume good recs.</p>

<p>Also my school does not rank nor use UW GPA.</p>

<p>I was accepted with a 24k scholarship, possibility for Singer/Stamps. If I don’t get the Singer or the Stamps, would I still be elligible for the 1k-2k extra for NMF?</p>

<p>I think only the financial aid office can answer that MB444 - you could stop in there this coming weekend!</p>