National Merit - UW Madison

<p>I could not find much information about National Merit on their website, except that up to 5 freshman can get it each year. I heard that UW Madison does not give much NMF scholarships however. Can anyone give more current information on this topic? Also, is it too late to change my first choice designation to UW now? Thanks</p>

<p>You heard right. Just a few.</p>

<p>In addition to the regular small NMF scholarship of which they award 5 , there is a scholarship called Kemper-Knapp for in-state NMFs. It’s I believe $7,000, one time scholarship for freshman. I spoke with Jim Buske in fin aid last fall who said they can award up to 70, I think, per year, can’t recall exactly. He wanted to talk on phone not e-mail, and I didn’t take notes. But he did say that they have more to award than they have in-state NMFs typically. It’s from some outside funding source. My D has not named them first choice, so has not received it.</p>

<p>[Scholarship</a> Details](<a href=“Our Opportunities - Wisconsin Scholarship Hub (WiSH)”>Our Opportunities - Wisconsin Scholarship Hub (WiSH))</p>

<p>ok, thanks celesteroberts</p>