National Recruitment Parent Program. Anyone going, and what is it?

We were invited to this event at A&M March 18-20, but there’s very little detail in the mailer or the associated website (www.tx.ag/mar18ppnr) explaining what this event is. It includes 2 nights hotel accommodations, and says it is an opportunity “to meet current aggies, experience the 12th man, and chart a path to your future”. D is admitted for fall 2018, and we were considering going to the Natonal Scholar event the following week, but this sounds like it might be more immersive. Thanks.

I believe the regional advisors are in charge of this program. Here’s a link to the different regions. When you click on your region, the name and contact info for the advisor will appear. You can email them for more information.

https://admissions.tamu.edu/psc

Edit: The program is for admitted, non-resident students.

@chercheur thanks for the info, we’ll contact our regional advisor.

I am taking my son. Looking for airfare from Chicago. Yikes.

Were coming from San Diego, and RT to College Station is $800 and has 2 stops. Much easier to fly to Houston or Dallas and rent a car.

Houston will be much closer for you than DFW airport and Love Field is even father. Unless the $$ make up for the distance, Houston would be the best choice.

That said, you would pass the Aggie Barn on highway 6 in Reagan, TX, should you come from DFW.

@kcheves - Did you find out what’s on the agenda?

@Thelma2, sorry I meant Austin, not Dallas.

@chercheur, no response yet from my regional recruiter, I’ll try again tomorrow.

OK, I heard back from my regional rep. Her reply is below.

“During the NRPP program from March 18-20, we will have admitted, out-of-state students only attending this event and it will include time with the college, campus tour, dorm tour, academic sessions and presentations, scholarships and financial aid presentation and a few other activities planned”

Thanks for the info @kcheves

How was the program? Did your OOS student like the university?

We ended up not going, primarily because we couldn’t find a reasonable flight. But we visited on our own in January and my D (and her parents!) liked the school very much. We live by the beach in San Diego, so College Station would be a big change for her, but she loves the big school environment, school spirit, and the friendliness. It’s at the top of her list for OOS schools, we’re just waiting on California admissions decisions before she down selects

Thanks @kcheves - If any OOS went, please post your impressions of TAMU. Thanks!