National Society of Collegiate Scholars

<p>Did anyone else get this invitation in the mail? I usually discard this type of mail but this is the first time I have ever received one with a university logo on it. I generally go with the assumption that any honor society that comes with anything more than a token fee is a purchased honor rather than the real deal. Does anyone have experience with this society? Is it worthwhile?</p>

<p>I got one too. As you said, it’s a purchased honor.</p>

<p>S got one today. I made the mistake of paying for this with my D at UT. The company is brilliant in its marketing…making one think it is a university honor when it is something much like “who’s who…”
D received nice certificate and name on a list. She doesn’t include it on her resume or anything…</p>

<p>Thanks Schmegel, that is what I suspected having seem many of these in HS. You are right, brilliant marketing adding the school logo to the program and stating that a small percentage of students are invited into the program.</p>

<p>D got one also, she did research and find that there is an actual chapter at A&M that meets and does community service etc… Seems like NHS in high school, (which if I remember had a fee to join as well) </p>

<p>Don’t think she will join. But is at least club there and not just a check in the mail.</p>

<p>As I recall NHS was $15 this is $95, not a fortune but still you want to get something for that. There are lots of organizations that do community service. It doesn’t seem worthwhile to pay for an org like this one just for that.</p>

<p>I think most clubs at A&M have a membership fee… I agree though $95 is high… I think D’s dance group is $50 or $60…</p>