Navigating BHM airport and making the shuttle

<p>My daughter will be arriving BHM on a Southwest flight at the end of break only 15 minutes before the university shuttle leaves. Never having been to BHM I don’t know the size or logistics of the airport. I’m looking at the airport maps but it’s confusing. Will she be able to make that shuttle (assuming her flight lands on time)? She’s not checking bags. I hate to make her shuttle reservation for the next departure which is 2 hours later. That’s a long wait at the airport. Anybody experienced with this?</p>

<p>BHM airport is super easy -if she is on time she should be fine- It takes less than 5 minutes to get outside</p>

<p>BHM is small and fairly quick to get through once they are actually off the plane. That said, we have found Southwest to be typically delayed some. Also keep in mind that the time the plane lands is not the time the passengers actually get off the plane. </p>

<p>I don’t know what UA’s policy is on the shuttle. That said, I would probably err on the side of caution, book the later shuttle, and then if your D’s flight is on time, have her run down and ask the driver if she can take the earlier shuttle with her existing ticket. Better for a parent’s peace of mind to know she had an actual way to get back to campus than to fret if her flight is at all running late.</p>

<p>Perfect! Thanks! I had visions of last time I was at ATL and running from one side of that place to the other! Now just left to hope her flight’s on time.</p>