Nee help on where to transfer to?

I just graduated from highs school. I’m currently enrolling at Lone Star college as a freshman. I don’t know where to transfer to after finishing at Lone star whether to UH or UT health science. I want to transfer to UH but they said I wouldn’t be able to since I need to have a RN license or a Bachelor degree which I won’t be able to have in the next 2 years at Lone star. So does anyone know about this stuff and can help me. Thank you!

Are you taking classes at Lone Star? You need to go speak with a Lone Star advisor. That person should be able to tell you about your options for completing a 4year degree.

http://www.lonestar.edu/Nursing-Specialization-AAS-Block.htm

Yes, talk to someone in your college’s career counseling office who understands nursing (which will probably be a different person from your regular academic advisor, who may know nothing about nursing).

To enter into a nursing program at your college or another college, it typically is competitive. You typically will need to complete a set of science classes and a few other classes, and do very well in them in order to be accepted into a nursing major.

You can get an associates degree in nursing and then be eligible to take the RN exam. Many of those nurses go back to school part-time to eventually finish their bachelors degree.

However, if you can make it work, it is better to earn a bachelors degree in nursing before you start work, because you will have better job opportunities.

A third option is to get a bachelors degree in a field other than nursing and then go back to school to get a nursing degree. That option is mainly chosen by people who are attending a college that does not offer nursing, and who cannot transfer into a nursing program at another college. However, that option is the most expensive and most time-consuming.

There are some colleges that only offer bachelors degrees in nursing for students who already have a bachelors degree in another field, or who already are a RN.

If the RN route does not work for you, you still have an option of obtaining an associates degree to become a practical nurse (which is called vocational nursing in some states).