Need Dorm Help

<p>I need to apply for housing and I’m an OoS, I have no idea what dorm = what. I know Sonora = partying, but other than that, I’m clueless. Could anyone help me out?</p>

<p>I’m an extremely social person, but one who isn’t too interested in all night parties. I also tend to have a need to have my own space, so I’m thinking a quieter dorm would be great. But I don’t want to be bored. I love to cook, so a contemporary kitchen would be great (probably gonna make a lot of friends with that…). Would also like a private bathroom…</p>

<p>If anyone could give me some guidance, Io would really appreciate it.</p>

<p>HA, you're asking for alot. There are plenty of dorms that you can choose which are quiet, but none have kitchens in them or private bathrooms. Most dorms have community kitchens like in the halls and stuff. Coronado has suite bathrooms but you wont like the party atmosphere. Its also very late for housing so your choices are even more limited. The housing deadline was a month ago so you wont find out till easily the summer time.</p>

<p>I meant community kitchen, I'm not crazy ;-)</p>

<p>Um... google University of Arizona Housing...they have floorplans and whatnot with descriptions of room sizes and community amenities (how many ppl/bathroom, date constructed, renovations, etc.). But the party/social scene probably varies by year and shouldn't really matter b/c you should be there to learn. Still, all dorms enforce pretty strict "quiet" guidelines esp around exam time that can result in eviction if violated. So pretty much all of them will be fairly quiet and there is always the 5th floor of the library if you want DEAD silence. But from the 2 I was in (Yuma, Yavapi), they all have study rooms, common rooms, and social rooms.</p>

<p>But FYI, almost none of the places have anything close to a private bathroom (guess which ones I applied to). The rest are all community ie 10 ppl bathrooms. The semi-private bathroom ones (Babcock, Pima, Coronado) are all filled though so don't bother wasting your preference slots with them.</p>

<p>Cornonado and AZ/SO are known for partying year after year, so those probably aren't for you. Coronado, Pima, and Babcock are the only ones with suite style bathrooms. Babcock has a pool (if that makes any difference to you). The dorms with the most contemporary kitchens are going to be villa del puente, Pueblo de la Cienega, and La Paz (I highly doubt that you'll get into any of those this late in the game though).</p>