Need help begging UA to accept Dec. SAT score!

<p>My senior in hs son earned himself a perfect math score and a 630 cr score which would put him in the Presidential scholarship range. Only trouble is that it was on the Dec. 1 test, which was past their published deadline. He only took it again since I had seen on here that they would accept it if asked. Well, I sent an email to the scholarships office and got a no. It is time for the personal touch of pleading and begging! Does anybody have any recommendations of people to speak with/approaches to use?</p>

<p>Some background: He was accepted in Sept. and was accepted to the honors college in Nov. He has an older brother who is a sophomore there. We live in North TX.</p>

<p>I welcome any advice! Feel free to pm me. Have the scholarship policies been more strictly enforced now that Dr. Witt is no longer president? Seems like when my older son was going through the application process, loads of people reported on here that Dec. scores were counted.</p>

<p>I don’t know if it is important, but he was awarded a half tuition scholarship based on his fall SAT.</p>

<p>Simply call the financial aid office and request late submission of his scores to the scholarshiip. It can’t hurt anything.</p>

<p>My senior in hs son earned himself a perfect math score and a 630 cr score which would put him in the Presidential scholarship range</p>

<p>If you asked for the Presidential then that may be the problem. He’d get the UA Scholar, not the Presidential. </p>

<p>Even with the added Eng’g scholarship, it’s still not the Presidential. It’s still the UA Scholar from the Univ and the add’l scholarship from the CofE.</p>

<p>You need to politely write to Mary Spiegel. She’s the only one who can award him the UA scholar…no one else can do that.</p>

<p><a href=“mailto:mary.spiegel@ua.edu”>mary.spiegel@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>Thank you. I thought a 1430 was Presidential range, but I will ask that he be considered for UA scholar. Do you suggest a letter over email?</p>

<p>^
An out-of-state first-time freshman student who meets the December 1st scholarship priority deadline, has a 32-36 ACT or 1400-1600 SAT score [critical reading and math scores only] and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will be selected as a Presidential Scholar and will receive the value of out-of-state tuition* for four years.</p>

<p>1430 should be in the Presidential range…</p>

<p>Yes…you’re right. I thought he now had a 1330, not a 1430. He really increased his score a lot. Didn’t he have a 1320 before? That’s an excellent increase!</p>

<p>Definitely contact Ms. Spiegel. The point to nicely make is that if your son enrolls, certainly Bama will be reporting (using) his 1430 score…not his “old score”. Therefore, it seems fair that he get the scholarship. This has to be delicately said without an attitude of entitlement. Contacting scholarships won’t work…they don’t have the power to change rules.</p>

<p>Also…was he the student who couldn’t do the Nov SAT because of a sports commitment? If so, mention that in the letter.</p>

<p>Of course mention that his brother attends and that he’ll definitely enroll if he gets the Presidential.</p>

<p>Thank you!!</p>