Need help for move out from East Edge

<p>My son just called me and told me he needs to move out of East Edge by next Saturday at 10AM. He is staying there as an on campus housing student not a regular leasing student.</p>

<p>I thought we had gotten some kind of communication that said those students could stay in their apartments until the end of May. Does anyone else remember this or have the documentation on this? He was not planning to leave T-Town until May 8. Flights have all ready been booked. What a pain.</p>

<p>What kind of help do you need? Is he storing things?</p>

<p>I swear we got an email or some kind of communication from housing saying that the students who were using East Edge as on campus housing for this year would not have to move out until the end of May. Unlike everyone else who is on campus who have to move out by May 4. So… we planned on letting our son hang around for a few extra days to take his time packing and he has an event he needs to attend.</p>

<p>He wants me to send him the ‘communication’ I thought I had so he can show it to housing so he can stay. Of course I can’t find a darn thing. I know I didn’t make this up. And things were going so smooth:)</p>

<p>Call housing tomorrow, ask them directly about the email. If they don’t know anything about it, explain that there was a miscommunication on your part, let them know that your OOS student has a flight on May 8th., and has nowhere else to stay. See if they can accommodate him, and allow him to stay those few extra days.</p>

<p>He did say he could file for an extension but he didn’t think he had a good reason. (ie his mother told him he could stay until May 31). I just think that info was communicated to me because I remember thinking it was strange but it in a good way. I’ll keep looking.</p>

<p>Maybe he can file for the extension and give his booked flight date as the reason. I would think that would be enough.</p>

<p>Well, I just got back to him and told him I can’t find any documentation. He told me he as already emailed someone and explained about the flight situation. No, he did not mention his neurotic mother. I sure hope they understand and let him stay a few extra days.</p>

<p>Our son is staying the summer at UA, and was able to get a lease for his room from East Edge for the months of June and July, but not for the remainder of May because the room is under lease to UA housing until the end of May. When he contacted UA housing, they confirmed that the apartments are leased through the end of May by UA, and told him he could stay through the end of may if he paid UA housing $1080 for the additional days after move out. East Edge is charging him around $574/month for June and July.</p>

<p>Thank You Randomparent. Can you find out who he talked with in housing? I’ll feel so much better if I knew I didn’t dream this up:)</p>

<p>Your welcomd hokiefan. He spoke/emailed with Alicia Brown. Keep in mind that it is his understanding that he had to be out on May 4th or 5th absent payment of addtional money for the days beyond May 4th or 5th.</p>

<p>Randomparent- Thank you for the information. He was granted an extension. I think it must have been East Edge that communicated with me about staying until the end of May.</p>

<p>Yea, hokiefan!!</p>

<p>Great! Glad it worked out. Once again the great people at UA do the right thing for a student.</p>

<p>Happy to hear that they were able to accommodate your son.</p>