Need help! How to add college prof from concurrent to Common App Teacher Ref?

Well, the title pretty much explains things. I have been taking a lot of concurrent enrollments at the college nearby. I want a professor there to write one of my teacher recommendations for the Common App.

My high school uses Naviance. When you go to Naviance, and click on Teacher Rec, it brings up a drop down menu of the high school’s teachers. You can’t add a new name or anything like that.

I really don’t have a great 2nd teacher at my HS to write the recommendation. I need to use the professor’s recommendation. I know it could be done as “Other” but I really want it to be a teacher recommendation, which is proably more powerful.

Help!!!

The teacher recommendation slots on Common App are for your high school teachers. College professors or anyone else would have to be other recommenders.

Ok, that doesn’t seem to be inherent to the Common App, tbh, but rather an artifact of the Naviance/Common App integration. If you’ve taken a lot of concurrent enrollment it doesn’t seem reasonable to preclude the college recommenders, But oh well.

Most colleges requiring two recommendations want to hear from your high school teachers. Any that allow other recommenders will see the one from your college professor.