Need help in the Prerequisites!

<p>I was accepted to a near community college which offers nursing programs (AS) which eventually leads to a RN. I am planning to then transfer to a state university to finish up and get a BSN. </p>

<p>For this fall semester, I was told to take some general courses, ENGC (Eng Composition), MATH (statistics), and CHEM (principles of chemistry 1) before applying for the nursing program. However, the CHEM course is full, so which other course should I replace it with. Also, because CHEM is a requirement for admission would I have to do it in spring 2014 and apply for the fall 2014? </p>

<p>Below is part of the requirements for admission to the nursing program:</p>

<p>Admission Requirements and Application Process
• The application to the nursing program deadline is October 1 for the spring semester 2014 and February 1 for the following fall semester 2014. The application must be postmarked on or before that date.
• Students wishing to petition an exemption of admission requirements must do so prior to the application deadline. </p>

<p>Applicants for Spring Semester 2014 must meet the following requirements before the
application is processed. The student must:
• Be currently registered as a nursing assistant with the Minnesota Department
of Health (work experience in the health field is highly recommended but not required).
• Have a minimum cumulative 3.00 grade point average (GPA) on all college-level
(1000+ level) courses. Those with a previous baccalaureate degree may satisfy
this requirement with a minimum cumulative 3.00 GPA on the most recent 30 credits of undergraduate level coursework, including post-degree coursework.
• Have completed the following general education courses with a grade of C or
higher: ENGC 1101, Freshman Composition; CHEM 1050, Organic and Biochemistry; and BIOL 1141, Human Anatomy. </p>

<p>Nursing Program Requirements
(Spring 2014 start):
Required Courses: (32 cr)
NURS 1110 Nursing 1 (8)
NURS 1120 Nursing 2 (8)
NURS 2210 Nursing 3 (8)
NURS 2220 Nursing 4 (8)</p>

<p>General Education Requirements: (32 cr)
COMM 1111 Interpersonal Communication (3)
ENGC 1101 Freshman Composition (4)
BIOL 1141 Human Anatomy (4)
BIOL 1142 Human Physiology (4)
CHEM 1050 Foundations of Organic and Biochemistry (3)
MATH 1010 Medical Dosages Calculations (1)
PSYC 1110 General Psychology (4)
SOC 1104 Introduction to Sociology (3)
or ANTH 1127 Cultural Anthropology (3) </p>

<p>Thank you</p>