Need Help Understanding Chemistry Scheduling

<p>Hi there, I am looking at chem 104. It appears to meet MWF at about 12:00-12:50pm. In the course listing there is another section that says R and something like 5-6:20pm. I get that I have to register for a section of lab that goes with this class but what is the R class? There is no associated section number or anything next to it. Also, in the mybama app, this does not appear at all, only the MWF does. Can someone take a look and help me out? much appreciated.</p>

<p>R is Thursday, T is Tuesday, so TR would meet Tuesday and Thursday.</p>

<p>It looks like the class meets MWF and then also on Thursday evening.</p>

<p>That is your recitation period. Your professor will use it for review sessions and, more importantly, as time to schedule the exams. The period should be appearing on your schedule on myBama, not sure why it wouldn’t be. But it is on your schedule regardless of it not appearing on myBama.</p>

<p>Thanks for the help. I have checked a couple of classes and it looks like mybama app isn’t entirely accurate. it doesn’t show all the sections of a class. The recitation period is something you would have to attend or only if needed? but i need to leave that area free on the schedule?</p>

<p>You’ll need to find that out from your professor. The other recitation periods may be optional or may be required, but at the very least you’ll have four or five exams scheduled during recitation periods. You cannot schedule a course that will conflict with the recitation period but you can schedule other things for that time. You’ll know when your exams are on the first day of class from the syllabus.</p>

<p>thank you all!</p>