Need scholarship contact info

<p>Hi, all. My son is rising senior and doing research this summer on campus. He’s been trying to get his research stipend, and unfortunately, there’s been a staff change in the scholarship department.</p>

<p>Ms. Escher has not only had a baby (congratulations!), but she’s moved to the law school.</p>

<p>Is there a direct phone number and maybe even a new person we can talk to at the scholarship office to see how he can get his summer stipend?</p>

<p>It sure would help pay the housing for the summer, which we paid out of pocket, but would love to get the stipend to use to pay for books!</p>

<p>Thanks for any help!</p>

<p>Have you tried emailing Amber Capell in Scholarships?</p>

<p>No, I haven’t. I’ll pass that name on to son. Do you happen to know how I can find her email address? Thank you so much for the help!</p>

<p>Using their campus directory I searched her name and came up with:</p>

<p><a href=“mailto:amber.capell@ua.edu”>amber.capell@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>I thought the woman who was involved with scholarships for the college of engineering students is Saskia Clayton. Her email is: <a href=“mailto:sclayton@eng.ua.edu”>sclayton@eng.ua.edu</a></p>

<p>This is part of the National Merit package that son received when entering Fall 2010. This is his last chance to use it, and he was told he would qualify for the stipend since he was doing research this summer. We’ve never gotten an email that it’s been approved or that there was a direct deposit made, so we’re assuming it hasn’t come through yet, so he wants to follow up on it. Since this is son’s last year, he’s probably going to have to make a lot of contacts for things, so could somebody tell me how to look up names of people on the directory for future reference? Thank you so much for your help. I will forward Amber and Saskia’s email address to son.</p>

<p>Montegut – We were in the same situation at the beginning of the summer. Daughter had submitted her request for her NMF summer enrichment stipend and tuition was due for the program she was attending, but we never received any contact regarding whether her request for funding had been approved. I think that those requests may just go to a black hole. The good news is that once I got in touch with Betsy Escher, we had the money in hand within a couple of weeks. I see that she is now out on maternity leave, but hopefully one of the other people named on this thread can help you.</p>

<p>Montegut: just Google The University of Alabama campus directory and search for the person by name.
Or here is the link
[Campus</a> Directory - The University of Alabama](<a href=“Page Not Found | The University of Alabama”>http://directory.ua.edu/)</p>

<p>Aeromom, Saskia is only involved in the portion of the scholarship that was awarded by the Engineering Department</p>