Need serious help

I really want to join the Army National Guard because it allows me to serve the country and complete my college education at the same time but I have one small problem… and that is regarding the boot camp and AIT, I know that I will be able to complete my boot camp during summer before college in 10 weeks but the AIT whether its 6 weeks or 8 will cut into my 1st semester of college and I need to know that whether me missing the 1st month or 2 of college will have me drop out or even hold me back an extra year or when I come back from AIT I can just resume with the rest of my peers. I’m planning to go to UC Davis and I don’t know what their policy is regarding this matter, can anyone clarify? Thank You.

Davis is on the quarter system.

This means that the quarter lasts only 10 weeks. They have a late start at the end of September.

If you miss the first 6 weeks, you will miss midterms. If you miss 8 weeks, you will only have 2 weeks of coursework remaining. This plan does not sound very good.

But let’s say I complete my boot camp in summer before college then my Ait is two ish weeks can I still be IN the school when I come back? If I were to return last week of August…

The UC’s that are on quarter system start around the 3rd week in September, so you should be fine to attend. I would contact UC Davis admissions if you have another issues regarding your military service. I do know you can defer enrollment due to military obligations.