Need some answers about Krannert School of Management

<p>Hi all,</p>

<p>I'm interested in transferring to Purdue in the spring of 2012 from Ivy Tech, I currently hold 11 credits only and by the end of the upcoming fall semester I'll have 26, I'm majoring in management information system which is not an closed major. Can I please get some answers to my questions?</p>

<p>1- Is it too late to apply to Purdue for spring 2012 as a transfer student? Is it possible to get direct admission as a transfer or would I need to spend at least a semester before applying to the school?</p>

<p>2- Does the Krannert School of Management transfer business courses from community colleges? I'm only taking one which is Business Law 102. </p>

<p>3- How many mathematics courses are required for management majors?</p>

<p>Thanks guys for help I'd really appreciate some answers.</p>

<p>When I was looking into transferring to the school I found all the information I needed on Purdue’s website. </p>

<p>Deadlines:
* Summer enrollment: April 1
* Fall enrollment: July 1
* Spring enrollment: November 1</p>

<p>High school expectations:
Math (1) 8 Semesters<br>
Lab
Science (2) 6 Semesters<br>
For engineering 2 science semesters must be chemistry.
For nursing, pharmaceutical sciences, prepharmacy, and veterinary technology, 2 science semesters must be biology and 2 must be chemistry
English (3) 8 Semesters<br>
Foreign
Language (4) 4 Semesters<br>
Social
Studies 6 Semesters </p>

<p>Minimum college requirements for transfer students going into The School of Management - 3.0 GPA with completion of at least a college-level calculus course with a grade of C or higher </p>

<p>For all transfer applicants and any applicants applying for spring enrollment, decisions are released on a rolling basis beginning in early September. </p>

<p>For information about transfer credit from ivy tech to Purdue click the link below:
<a href=“Redirect Notice”>Redirect Notice][/url</a>]</p>

<p>I am a senior in the Krannert School of Management. I am not sure if it is too late to apply for spring 2012. As far was transferring credits from community college, you can typically only transfer electives. If you are accepted into Krannert, you are only admitted into lower division management. There are several classes you must take and earn a 3.0 gpa. Once you complete the requirements, you will be automatically accepted into upper division. The Business Law class at Purdue, mgmt 354, is considered an upper division course. Most lower and upper division management courses, if not all, must be taken at Purdue University. You could probably only transfer science, speech, english, or literature courses.<br>
As far as mathematics, Krannert is known to be very analytic. Lower division consists of Math 153 and 154 or Math 159 (they are technically the same, Precalculus, courses 159- is learned in one semester while 153 and 154 are two semesters long), Math 223 (Calculus 1), Math 224, and Calculus 2. Upper division consists of Stat 225 (statistics course), mgmt 305 (business statistics), and mgmt 306 (management science). You will also be required to take several other accounting and economic courses that require advanced mathematics skills. Here is the link to the plan of study. </p>

<p><a href=“http://www.krannert.purdue.edu/undergraduate/Academics/plansofstudy/2011/2011_MGMT_plan_of_study.pdf[/url]”>http://www.krannert.purdue.edu/undergraduate/Academics/plansofstudy/2011/2011_MGMT_plan_of_study.pdf&lt;/a&gt; </p>

<p>Krannert only offers four different majors: Management, Industrial Management, Accounting, and Economics. However, it does offer a MIS concentration. I hope this helps!!! Let me know if you have any questions. My email address is <a href=“mailto:jpkenned@purdue.edu”>jpkenned@purdue.edu</a> </p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>One more thing to note, the XXXXX on the course transfer list means that it is undistributed credit. For example Bus 102 = OLS 1XXXX-3 which means that you will receive 3 undistributed credits. Now the reason for the OLS and 1 in front of the X’s is because you can sometimes test out of courses at Purdue. So, say you test out of a OLS 100 level course, then this undistributed credit would now go towards that course.</p>

<p>Wow thats a heck a lot of math courses for a business major :S, usually the typical math requirements for most business majors are college algebra and calculus and of course statistics which might be a lot easier than calculus from what I’ve heard. I’m transferring Math 136 College Algebra from Ivy Tech which is Math 153 at Purdue and I don’t know if I can handle 4 more math classes, since I barely passed college algebra with an B-. Anyhow I’m applying either way and I’ll see if I can get in at first and then I’ll worry about math classes. Thank you so much for your informative response and I’ll keep your e-mail in handy.</p>

<p>llauhs, thanks for the link it really helped, but may i ask where exactly did you get that list from? It would be great to check out other lists for other universities as well.</p>